Chapter 15

Shimon POV

"Shimon, please don't leave".

She croaked of saying those very words. I somehow feel happy of feeling that to me, Mayura. But there's a possibility that she overheard my brother's conversation with me, and not only that, but also she got to meet him by chance. But its not the time to think about it now, Mayura's sobbing there right in front of me. "Mayura, I-I won't leave", I spoke as she look at me with those teary eyes, wiping the tears away with her hand, she respond. "Demo, your the Ikaruga's houses guardian, who possessed the Vermilion Bird's  power. You have responsibility on your own. Even if I opposed of you leaving, you still have responsibilities as a Martial Artist". "Mayura...", I called out her name. "Don't you understand that! Even if I can't stop you from leaving, you have your own will to decide it. I know its your own decision to decide that......but I can't help but feeling being hurt, why does it hurts so much!?", she kneeled to the floor after saying those words. She was crying, "Please tell me", she cried and cried.

Continuing crying, three figures quietly opened the door. "Can you leave us a minute", I told them and they nodded in response. They closed the door in silence. And Mayura spoke  again. "My personal feelings can't stop you from leaving, it'll only make it worse for you to depa-", as soon as she tried to spoke, I quickly walked to her and pulled her into a deep embrace. "Shimon......", she whispered my name in a surprising tone of voice. "Its okay............. Let it all out", I murmured to her. "I'll be here by your side until you will smile again", I murmured to her once more.

She hugged me back in surprise. Tightening her grip when she hugged, it was troublesome but it can't be helped. She cried.

Time passed of her suffering, she cried herself to sleep in my arms, still though, she cried this much just because im leaving. But, Mayura, I'll never leave your side ever, I tighten my grip of embracing her as she slept in silence.

I carried her onto the bed and cover her with the blanket. I smiled. It kinda feels the same like last time.

A moment after of silence, a ring from my phone happened. Someone's calling me? This late of the night. I grab my phone and answered the call as I leaned it to my ear.

"Who is it?".

"Its been a while Shimon, I heard from your siblings what happened".

My eyes widen in disbelief, why is he.....

"Otosan".

"So? Why did you decline of going home, you have some kind of reason for it, right?".

"....".

"You don't? Well, you don't have any reason to stay there, right? So, why not come home".

"You said that I'll be staying here, so that I can have a proper education, I didn't even graduated ye-".

"I said only for you to stay there, in 8 years, it will be in a time that you have to leave that place and come back home".

"Just give me more time".

"I already did, you'll only have to stay there for two weeks, after the Tanabata Festival, the following day of that festival is you last day".

I gritted my teeth and....

"That's too soon! It too little and besi-".

"I already extended your time just as I said. The real date for your departure was really today".

My eyes widen in surprise.

"Th-that can't be".

"It is, and you declined it. Thanks to your disapproval of leaving, Sayo's hard work for coming to fetch you in this very day have all come to vain".

"Chiiko did".

"Yes, she did".

"If you understand then please follow my last order to you as the head of the Ikaruga Tribe".

"..."

The call ended. I gritted my teeth again. Chiiko did all that.

Ikaruga House

"Why did you lie about Sayo's hard work", Keiji asked. "Her works were never not even once that was called in vain", he continued. "Its the only way, to make Shimon come home, her love for her sister means anything for him", his father answered. Keiji frowned and spoke, "Why are you so focused of getting Shimon come back to us, he still need to graduate. Even if its possible for him to graduate here but its not. The schools here are missing a lot of learning", Keiji clarified that as his father replied, "There's no other choice, that was the last wish of your mother before she passed away". "Those words are still absolute for me not as a tribe leader but as a father and husband", he explained.

"Even if I'm not here anymore, please don't let our family be broken and keep on living. Because whatever, whenever or wherever you all are, I'll always be watching you", those last words means everything to his father. Its his duty as the husband and father of their family.

Shimon POV

Tsk......... I let Chiiko down because of my own selfish reasons and can't even respond to otosan of why am I declining of going home. What am I doing? Why is it that I don't want to go home yet? My hands turned to fists and the grip tightened. What am I doing? I shut my eyes closed and then I feel warmth, but where is it coming from? I opened my eyes, showing a hand holding onto mine. "Did I wake you, Gomen", I apologize to Mayura and she shook her head and replied, "I kinda feel to wake up and hold you hand for some reason", smiling, she was my way of hope of getting out of my selfishness. "Is there anything troubling?", she asked as I replied so sadly. "My father called, saying that I'll be leaving here and go back home in two weeks time", I explained

"I see", she frowned and thought about it for a while. Then she smiled, "Then let's make the most of it". I smiled and respond, "I'm sorry, Mayura even though I told you that I won't leave your side". "I understand, but its not your fault or your family's fault, its neither between you or them, its just our way of life", she assured me and I nodded.

But even so, I don't want to leave you.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I kinda feel sad right now😅 even though its my own story, I still feel sorry for both of them. Oh and I almost forgot, Tomorrow is Sunday so I will published my chapter 4 of my second story; Starry Sky Kingdom. See ya then.😂😂