Chapter 17

Shimon POV

Our preparations for the Tanabata
Festival took a few days that I haven't have an opportunity to see Mayura or even talk to her her in school, we'll except when we're home. But I'm glad that she came back to her usual state than before. Since it was having a uncomfortable atmosphere between us. I sighed and then again our class president gave me another work. "Shimon, Here.. since you don't have any work right now, you might as well help Mayura clean the tiled road around the school", she handed me a broom and some other equipment before she left me standing speechless. I sighed again, and headed to the specific place where she said. At least I get to see Mayura there. I walked the way down the road that is mostly been cleaned from leaves looking for a certain girl.......... And them I spotted her, cleaning the remaining leaves in a certain spot. "Mind if I join you?", I offered with a smile on my face.

Mayura POV

"Mind if I join you?", that tone of voice is.......... I turned around to a smiling Shimon with some equipments, I smiled and nodded my head, "Sure, just like last time so that you won't feel like a freeloader here too", I giggled and he grinned, "Unfortunately, this is our school not our home so I can't be a freeloader". I smiled as he started cleaning up the dried leaves that had fallen too, "Spring has started", I look up to see the green leaves of a tree with an admiringly gaze. "It has", he responded as I smile towards him and he returned it with a smile too. We continued to clean after a couple of moments and it didn't take long before the bell rung showing that today's class is over. And we made it just in time, cleaning the dried leaves took enough time before the school ended and now for tomorrow's events. When we arrived at our house, we ate dinner and after that do our personal things in our separated room.

I'm excited but at the same time afraid.. Between our work and chores in both home and school, there's always a time that Shimon's dad would call him and ordered him to submit his transferring form to our teacher or president. Everytime he would call him, his expression would change from happy to sadness. But only him but also me, I may not show it in a day, but in nights, I sobbed for his departure, telling myself that I would never see him again after the festival, on how it feels that the room next to yours that used to be occupied by him will now become vacant. I frowned, after of that festival I considered my favorite, is the last day I can ever see him again, 'then let's make the most of it', those words that promised him, I didn't even fulfill it. I squeezed my eyes shut and cover my face with a blanket as I lied down my bed. What would Shimon feel if I leave? Asking myself that question, that's stupid of me but I really wonder.

~

Shimon POV

Today's my last day with Mayura, I must enjoy the festival with her so that I will have memories of her here before I would leave. As much as it hurts, I still want to be happy and smile with her until the day would end.

The school was busy, busy enough on how to entertain costumers and visitors on their certain activities. Despite that their all busy, they managed to make the atmosphere lively and comfortable. Our class is the same as the others. Busy. I smiled on how we work so far would result to this liveliness. Even outside the main building is full of stands that is selling food, I could feel Mayura is drooling of the scent of the food. I chuckled and, "Would you like to eat something?", I asked which is pretty obvious to her face. She smiled and nodded her head.

We walked around the stalls to find a soothing place to eat until I found one, we ordered some food as Mayura couldn't wait to eat it. She was really happy to eat the food as I watched her. "Want some?", she asked and shook my head as a NO. She frowned and when she scoop some of her food, she in an instant speed pushed the spoon with the food into my mouth. And she smiled, "Delicious right?", I gulped down the food, and smiled as my bangs covered my eyes. "Something wrong?", her worried tone of voice managed to signal me that she left her guard down. I did the same thing she did to me, and she was speechless but smiled. "Revenge complete", I chuckled as she giggled.

~

Night has come, and it's time for me to go with Rokuro to lift up some fireworks. Mayura said she would observe the fireworks on the rooftop of our school alone, no one will come there so she could the see the fireworks peacefully.

After some fireworks firing up to the sky with Rokuro spoke, "Go to her". "What do you mean?", confused I asked.

"Go to her, she's waiting"

"But we still have some fireworks to fire"

"I can handle it myself, I know how to fire this things"

"..."

"Shimon, this is your last day to enjoy with her, you should go to her side and enjoy it as it last"

"Go", he encouraged me as I nodded my head. Looking for her, I went up the rooftop and I saw her, sadly observing the fireworks, "Mayura!", I call out her name as she turned around and smiled. I approached her with determination to tell her........ in a feet away from her, I confessed. "Mayura..... all this years that I have been with you was the best thing that ever happened to me and...... along those times...

Mayura..... I had fallen for you, I know I'm leaving tomorrow but before that..", I stopped for a moment and continued. "I had fallen for you, so please be my girl-" as soon as I said that she interrupted me with, "I can't,"

With a heart broken event happening right now to me, I have the motivation to leave, she's the only thing that stopped me from leaving....... but now it starting fading away. I won't asked for a reason cause I know it will only hurt me more

---------------------------------------------------------
This is some kind of tragic occasion 😢😢 but you don't know what happens in the chapter. It might be tragic or blessing. SHIMON WAS REJECTED!!!! IS IT OR IS IT NOT?!?!