Chapter 18

Shimon POV

"I can't"

Her rejection of words repeat and repeats itself as many times as I would suffer and hurt in my mind. The silence spread around us in a moment she spoke. I looked down to the ground, frowning, letting my bangs covered my eyes. Its better than showing it to her an empty unemotional eyes. The moment she said those words, all light that shines in the dark, giving me warmth as I imprisoned myself in my mind, feels like it start to fade away and I know not long enough, in an instant, all I would see is dark.

Even after my last day of seeing her, I broken our friendship just because of my selfishness. Its so stupid of me, my emotions got the better of me and here I am now, rejected by the girl who cares for anyone. All those years that we build our friendship, making our walls stronger to together. Tsk, all swept away by my strong emotions. I should kept it inside me after all, regretfully I just say want I want say, not thinking of the consequences that follow, all this years, I've been improving myself but I'm still a bit reckless, not in my skills but from my emotions.

"Because...", she spoke, bringing me back to reality, my curious mind telling me to look at her, but I won't dare, I have no right to see her eye to eye right now... or not anymore... She grab my hand as I follow it, only to be stopped when our gazes are locked, there was already tears in her eyes but not from pain nor hurt but.... happy? I can't see her pain in her eyes because she smiles.......... she let me cupped her cheeks with my hand as she leans it closer to it as her tears fall, meeting my hand, it was warm. "Mayura...", calling out her name, I was already in the debts of confusion.

Because.....? I should be unhappy about this, telling me a reason will add to my sufferings when I get home. But in her eyes, my heart is eager to hear it. "I'm already yours", my eyes widen in response.

It took me a moment, to process what she said, "Your already mine..?", she smiled, happily eyeing my confused gaze as she wiped away her tears with her arms. And then she nodded her head, and spoke, "Since the moment you save me for the first time", she giggled... now I'm at lost of thoughts... she let both her her arm rest upon my shoulder and lowly, she whispered. "I love you too".

3rd Person POV

She leaned closer to him, removing the gap between them, she leaned, closer, closer then.... their lips touch the other, with warmth that in tangled both of them, they really do love each other... a second after, colored fireworks emerged from the ground and explode to the sky, it was beautiful, it showed colors to the dark night sky, illuminating light and spread across it. When they broke the sensation, both couldn't help but smile at one another....

Mayura POV

"I thought you rejected me", he stated. Making Mayura grin at him. "I guess I'm good at acting when it comes to this", I winked, teasing him that he fell under my trap. "The great "vermillion bird" of martial arts Ikaruga, Shimon fell easily under a trap of a normal girl", I teased and continued... "Tsk, Tsk,  you got a lot of way to go, Mister Vermillion", i poimted out making him chuckled in response, "But really, even if you didn't confessed, I would have done it", I smiled, observing the fireworks at the sky. "I planned to confess to you too, this evening.. But it got me thinking that I may give you the most happy memory yet it could also be the saddest, I realize that if I would tell you, it may result to breaking our close relationships as friends or taking another step of our relationship and if I wouldn't, I'll surely regret it in the future or tomorrow after you leave", I explained making him smile.

"Oi!!, what are you two doing here alone?!", someone joined the conversation as it's footsteps sounded in the floor. We turned around only to see a grinning Rokuro, waving his arm to us and following him was a smiling Benio. "Your loud as ever Enmadou", Shimon complained making Rokuro grin even eider,  "Don't forget you owe me one". "That's just because you told me to go", said Shimon who is starting to get irritated. But a moment too soon... "SHIMON-KUN!!!!", here comes a fast running Ichinose yelling her long time childhood friend; Shimon. I sighed as she hugged Shimon but looks like..... choking him? "Ho-Honami, I.....can't.....breathe". "Oops,  Gomen Gomen", she chuckled as we three laugh in unison except for Shimon who is coughing a little. "For a girl there, you got some muscles, I thought, you would be like a puppy who can't defend itself and needed a man like ME to protect you from danger", Rokuro teased, not even a moment passed Ichinose-san and Adashino-san are ready to give him a taste of his own medicine. "Oh~ is that so?", Adashino-san said. Both of them are having a very unwanted atmosphere, including their deadly glares. "WAAAAHHH", yelled a terrified Rokuro. Sheepishly, this is getting out of hand. "Should we stop them?", I asked Shimon who gave me a positive answer. "Agreed".

~

The sun risen, entering as it please on my window, lighting up my room, includes my eyes, irritation hits me when it strokes in to my face, forcefully, I slowly opened my eyelids.  Waking up, Did my morning routine in my room like arranging my pillows and myself. After that I went downstairs, hopefully, he hasn't left yet, not seeing him here, I checked the training hall, not there either... nowhere I have seen him, I then saw my Mom smiling like usual, I approached her and asked. "Mom, have you seen Shimon?". "Mayura, he left at dawn, his flight schedule was very early, did you say your farewells yet", she smiled kindly as I dashed to his room without a word. Opening it, I saw an empty space, only bed without its cover and an empty cabinet, shelf, and table. Frowning, left me empty like the room itself. My mom approached me worried she called out my name... "Mayura". He already left, without me giving a goodbye, or a single wave of farewell... 'You idiot, why did you...' after what happened.
"So he already left", I faked a smile to my mom and went to my room without a word

---------------------------------------------------------
T^T  Shimon~ 😭😭 *sigh* *sulking in the corner* See ya to tomorrow. T^T
>^<