Chapter 9

Shimon POV

"We have to save her then", Enmadou said and Adashino nodded. "Theirs too many of them, we couldn't possibly handle so much enemies and besides their only three people which is us that know about this problem", I complained. "Are you saying that we should give up!?", Enmadou fiercely yelled back. "I'm not saying something like that! Its just that we stand no chance of winning this  battle!", I complained. "Its not about the chances of winning, its about how we can save Mayura!!", Enmadou yelled at me as my eyes widened. I couldn't respond, he does have a point about this. I look on my hands on the blanket. Tears slowly started to flow down my cheeks. But ....... I couldn't bring myself to fight, I said I would protect her! I promised her! She believed in me! But I couldn't fulfill it! Damn it. "I-I want to save Mayura! I want to have the strength to save her and see her..............smiling again!", I shouted as I averted my gaze to Enmadou who is waiting for my answer. He smiled and "What are we waiting for then? Let's go save Mayura, Shimon", He said and I nodded in response.

Standing up, I look for some weapons that could be of use then suddenly Adashino appeared at the door and walked towards me with a case that has the size of a cable. "This could be of help", she said as she handed me the case. I nodded and she smiled as she said, "We're going to save her, don't worry". I opened the case and what I saw was full of weapons but what I most likely notice is the red sword with a symbol of a phoenix on its handle. I grabbed the sword and asked the girl in front of me. "Where did you get this?". "Seigen-san know what happened, he came here when you are still unconscious and he gave this case and said that "Give this to Shimon, he needs this to save Mayura. Its his weapon as one of the 12 houses that fight for centuries, the sword of Suzaku, the "Flaming Red Sword"". Seigen-san trusted you for his daughter safety", Adashino said. I enclosed my eyes just a little and said, "Thank you". She nodded her head and left.

This weapon has been serving the Suzaku of Martial Arts for centuries. Killing many lives of our enemies for honor of our houses. But today, it will once again kill enemies but protect not only the honor of our houses but also to protect the ones we loved. Protecting her with this sword will change the history of the Ikaruga lineage. Their purpose of killing them will change, right now in the hands of the new Chosen Suzaku; Ikaruga, Shimon.

Thinking about changing history in my hands as I walked inside mine and Mayura's house. Seeing Yukari cry for her lost daughter makes me want to hurriedly save her so that her mother will give her comfort and say that everything's all right now. I entered my room and change my clothes to my actual clothing. I wore a black shirt with a white colored symbol, cargo shorts and combat boots. And a maroon shoal that is wrapped around on my neck. Grabbing my headphones and put it above my head, I'm done.

I left the a house once again and went to Adashino and Enmadou's dorm to make up a rescue plan. When I got there, they were already dressed in their normal clothes but I didn't gat why are they wearing a cloak so i asked, "Why are you wearing a cloak". "We can't let them know our identity because if they knew, they might ambushed our houses for revenge without us knowing", Adashino answered. I nodded and asked again. "So what's the plan?". "Simple, we're going to ambushed their entrance unnoticed and make all the guards unconscious or if you want to get serious, kill them", Adashino stated and I nodded. "But where is their secret lair?", Enmadou asked. "In here", I said as I show the paper. I handed them the paper and they unfold it and read what is written. "That paper gave us a warning yesterday night at Mayura's room", I stated. They nodded their heads and I asked once again, "Let's go?".

Mayura POV

I open my eyes and change my position to sitting. I felt something heavy of both my leg and arm when I sat. I looked at my leg, it was chained by a metal. I looked at my arm, it was the same. I suddenly heard footsteps of.......a man? "So you are awake", the man said as he approached me. I didn't respond at all instead I just looked at him with anger and fear. "Sorry for the inconvenience but we are going to keep you hostage for a while", he stated. "Or you would give us the Byakko's treasured ornament that has been passed from the Chosen Byakko and since your father; Amawaka Seigen is the current Byakko, you her daughter must know where the ornament is, right?", He asked. "I-i don't know what your talking about", muttered. "I'm not a Martial Artist like my father so I don't know anything about treasured ornaments of Byakko", I said nervously. He didn't respond at all. I was terrified of what he is going to do. Is he going to kill me? Hurt me?  "Oh well, your going to be here until your father himself will give us the ornament", he stated. After that he left me and before I could move one bit, someone knocked me out and I lost conscious but before I land my head to the ground I whispered his name again, asking for him to come here and save me. "Shi.......mon, help........me".

Shimon POV

Everything's settled, we're ready for battle already. I wore the cloak and covered my shoulders until my knees except for my arm to reach out my flaming sword. But the cloak that we wore has burned endings that makes us suspicious. It will do, the important thing is that we can save Mayura without getting our identities exposed. Before leaving I covered my head with the cloak and whispered to myself hoping it would reach her.

"Mayura, wait for us. We're going to save you. So please be safe".

Our destination is beyond sight so we ran a bit more faster. Sighting the entrance, there was two guards so Enmadou and Adashino nodded their heads to each other and knocked out the guards quietly. We opened the door and caught all guards attention as they approached us for battle

The battle to save Mayura has began.