Chapter 6 - Christmas special!

"Marina!! Marina!!" Pearl screeched as she shook me, it's squidmas!"
"You know what else it is? Four am."
" Come on Marina!" Pearl squealed as she jumped up and down on the bed.
I groan and get out of bed. We are both wearing our Squid Sister pjs. Pearl is wearing the Callie one and I am wearing the Marie one. Some inklings think we're rivals better we really respect the Squid Sisters. They are very talented, and it was a very upsetting to hear that Callie had disappeared.
Pearl rides the railing to get downstairs.
"That's not safe!" I yell.
" I DON'T CARE!"

"Marina get down here!" Pearl yelled.
"I'm coming!"
I walk down to see pearl unwrapping one of her gifts. It reveals a gold necklace with a heart locket.
"Look what Santa brought me!" Pearl squeals.
"Uh I actually bought you that.. you still believe in Santa?" I awkwardly asked.
"You bought me this? Thank you Marina!" Pearl exclaims and brings me into a hug.
"Y-you're welcome" I silently say because I can't really talk, or breathe for that matter with Pearl squeezing me.
"Look inside the locket.." I say.
Pearl nods her head and obeys.
Inside was to reveal a picture of Pearl and I. It took me a long time to fit it in there, but it was worth it.
"Aww that's really cute.."
I blushed and smiled, " Well I'm glad you like it."
Pearl brought out a huge box from behind our squidmas tree.
" Ok Marina now open your gift."
  It was wrapped messily so I know Pearl wrapped the huge box by herself. I slowly start unwrapping the gift.
"  You're as slow as a sea snail! Just rip it open! The suspense is killing me!"
"Fine," I sigh and rip open the gift.
Once I saw what was inside I squealed.
"No way! I must be dreaming!"
" Nope this is the real deel (haha) Pearl said as she grinned as widely as she could.
It was a new Moray DJ set! They are the best and most expensive kind of DJ equipment!
" How did you get this!!?" I exclaim.
"Well I've been saving for a while," Pearl says as she blushes and scratches the back of her neck nervously.
"Pearl you are the best!"
I run up to her and hug her tightly.
"Marina you're crushing me!"
And I'm crushing ON you.
" Let try it out!"
" What song are you gonna do?"
" What song are we gonna do," I say setting up the DJ set.
"What about color pulse?" Pearl suggests.
"Sounds good!"
_________________________
Pearl's POV

Marina has been on her DJ set for hours. And I don't mean like two hours, I mean like thirteen hours. At first I joined in and sang but I got tired after 30 minutes. Marina had been using the DJ set for too long. I'm trying to sleep!! I walk downstairs to see Marina passed out on the DJ set. I turn off the DJ set. Marina looks so peaceful while she's sleeping.... I guess I should (try to) carry her upstairs. I pick her up bridal style. She's surprisingly light, probably because she doesn't eat mayo cake. I start to carry her up the steps. Just because she's light doesn't mean she's weightless so it's still hard carrying her up. I manage to do it though. I tuck her into her bed. And for some reason I kiss her on her forehead. I can't explain what I was thinking, it just kinda happened. It felt right. Marina smiles. She must be having a good dream.

"Sweet dreams," I whisper.

Satisfied, I leave the room.