Chapter 31- Under The Stars

~Marina's POV~
"Wakey wakey eggs and responsibilities!"
Pearl opens her eyes. "Ugh,what..?" She asks groggily.
"I actually made eggs and bacon though. Breakfast in bed for my princess! I know you're not feeling well, so hopefully this will cheer you up!" I hand her the plate.
"Thanks.." She mutters. I guess she's still not feeling so hot.
I sit down next to her and eat some as well.
She eats very slowly. Ugh.. I wish I could make her feel better somehow. I put my plate on the table and cuddle up against her. She doesn't give me a response, not even a slight grin.
"Pearl.. Are you okay?"
"No."
I brush my hand against her cheek full of scars.
"What is it? Are you still in pain?"
"Yes.. It won't go away.. Marina please help."
"I don't know what could help! I think you're just going to have to wait."
She groans.
"I'm so sorry. I don't want you to feel like this. It brings me pain. I just want to see you better and healthy. Like the way it was before everything happened." I hold her tighter.
"I know. It's fine, Mar. You're right, I guess I'm just going to have to wait it out."
"Oh! Also what are we going to do about the table and my motorcycle?" I bring up.
"I'm so sorry about the motorcycle.. I should've known better."
"You don't have to keep apologizing. It's fine. Except for the fact that we've been missing work and we have no money to afford a new form of transportation."
"Well when I get better we won't have to worry about that much anymore. Hopefully."
"Well if we go to work we will be able to afford a new motorcycle or maybe even a car. I would be going to work now but I need to take care of you."
"Well you can still make music for now."
"Oh yeah! I still need your vocals for the new song!" I exclaim.
"Ughh.. Fine."
"We don't have to go to the studio because I built the home studio out of your old room! Come on!" I pull her hand.
"Marina, I can't walk."
"Oh yeah, right.." I pick her up with ease.
Woah. She seems much lighter than last time. Probably because she barley ate while she was in the hospital. At least not good food.
I bring her to the room and place her down on the chair. I put a desk in here, a computer, microphone, piano, my DJ set, and soundproof walls. It's even better than the real studio. "Alright now scream."
" Whoa Whoa I know I'm hot but there's a time and place for everything."
"I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!"
She just laughs. A heavenly sound.
"Alright I'll start now, hand me the lyrics."
"Where did I put them?"
"In your hand"
I look down to my hand and sigh. How could I forget that there's something in my hand..
I hand the paper to her and she looks over it again.
She presses the on button on the microphone.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" She screams at the top of her lungs.
I think I might've went deaf..
"Pearl, WHAT THE HECK?!"
"What? I thought you told me to scream?"
"I did, but not that loud!"
"Can you put it in the song?"
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
"PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-"
"Shut up."
"GAsp! How dare you?"
"I think I deserve to say that."
"You're rude." She pouts.
"Rude? I only told you to be quiet!"
"Yeah, but not in a nice way."
"Well I'm sorry."
"Thanks for apologizing."
"You wanna get to work now?"
"Yeah sure."
"So, can you actually scream now? Just do it quietly."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" She screeches into the microphone.
"That was better, I guess. I'll just keep it."
"Yay."
"What do you think of these lyrics?"
"Hmm. They're good."
"Just good?"
"Good enough to make some money."
"Yeah we really need to start doing our jobs again." I sigh
"I mean I'm rich but yeah we need more money."
"Let's look over the lyrics one more time."
I love you more than life itself
You can't compare to all the worlds wealth
I have to tell you how I feel
You have to know this is the real deal
I think I want to marry you
Pearl squints at the paper. " Yeah like I said it's pretty good. Kinda cheesy, but people dig this kind of stuff."
"Yeah.." I blush.
"And you wrote this yourself?" She asks.
"Yeah, I did."
"Wow impressive" She swoons.
"Ha.. You can keep working. I need to do some important stuff."
"Okay, babe."
"You've never called me that pet name before.."
"Heh, I felt like it was finally time."
"Okay well I'm going to do some stuff. I'll be back soon." I kiss her forehead.
"Bye!"
I walk out and close the door. I go into my room.
I'm going to take Pearl out tonight.
I'm just so nervous..
Well um, today is our anniversary. One year. Wow.. I can't believe it. I've been with the love of my life for one whole year. We've been through some rough patches but we worked it out. I believe we will always be able to overcome any obstacles that get in our way, as a team.
I'm really nervous for tonight. What if she doesn't like my plan? No, she will I'm just worrying too much. Still...