Chapter 7~Aria

When I arrive home after spending the day with Drake touring San Francisco I immediately go up to my room and call Elena who answers on the first ring.

"What took you so long to call?" she demands.

"Sorry I just got back," I apologize.

"Wait wait wait," Elena rambles quickly. "You just got back? You guys hung out the whole day?"

"San Francisco is a big city," I say as I suppress the urge to laugh. It's funny how serious Elena can get about these things.

"Okay spill," Elena orders. I sigh dramatically and then go into detail about the events of the day. I try to keep my tone sounding casual and I'm just relieved that Elena can't see the wide smile on my face. I was a little unsure of how the day would go considering how unpredictable Drake can be, but I actually really enjoyed myself.

Drake and I still bickered a lot, but it was the kind of fights friends have with each other about little things. I could always feel people staring in shock as the two of us talked, even some jealous glares, but I ignored them.

The two of us hung out a couple more times after Drake showed me around the city, and every time Elena would remind me how big of a deal this was. I told her we were just friends but she never believed me. I guess it's cause after every time we hung out, Drake and I would grow closer. We discovered that as dysfunctional as we were, we enjoyed each others' company.

"Hey Aria!" Drake calls as the bell rings and we leave bio.

I stop in the hall and tell Elena to go on ahead but not before she raises her eyebrows suggestively. I laugh and roll my eyes then turn to Drake.

"What's up?" I ask. Drake suddenly stops in his spot and stares at me with wide eyes.

"What are you wearing?" Drake asks me. I look down at my outfit. I decided to be bold today and wore bright blue pants with a white graphic shirt and yellow cardigan. Then I matched it with shoes that were a dark fuchsia.

"You like it?" It was an odd choice of outfit but I thought I pulled it off.

"You look like a clown," Drake says as he pretends to shield his eyes from the bright colors.

I open my mouth in indignation and smack Drake on the arm. He recoils and sucks in a sharp breath through his teeth.

"You okay?" I ask in concern. My eyes are wide as I stare at Drake. I didn't think I hit him that hard. I wasn't trying to hurt him even if he might've deserved it.

"Yeah," Drake answers. He gives me a small smile. "You have a strong arm missy."

I laugh in relief. "So did you call me just to insult me or did you have something to say?"

"Right," Drake says as if he totally forgot. "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come with me to this food festival they're having in the city this weekend. I can pick you up."

"Sounds good," I reply. My heart immediately begins beating more rapidly. It always does whenever Drake asks if I want to hang out despite him asking many times already. I guess I'm still not used to attention from the opposite sex. Before, the most male interaction I got was ordering a drink from the male barista at Starbucks.

"Great," Drake responds happily. "Well I'll see you later."

I nod my head once and continue down the hall. I sit in class after class, day after day, until it's finally the weekend. On Saturday I'm rustling through my closet until I pull out a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and my favorite red converse.