Chapter 24~Aria

I come to with a pounding headache. It feels like someone is drilling my brain. I force my eyes open and see the door shaking. This must be some killer headache if the world is moving. It sure does feel like it could kill me. I sit up with a groan and hold my head. I can feel dried blood and a giant bump on the side.

Suddenly the door opens and hits the wall. So I guess it wasn't my headache making the door shake. Then someone steps into the room making me forget all about the pain in my head and all over my body.

"Megan!" I exclaim happily. They found us.

Her eyes widen at the way I probably look but she forces a smile. She quickly goes behind me and begins untying my hands.

"Are you alright?" She asks worriedly.

"Um I think so. Definitely have a few bruises. I fell and hit my head so I probably have a concussion," I reply.

"I'm so sorry Aria," Megan apologizes.

"It's okay," I tell her. We're going to get Drake back so this was all worth it.

"Where's Martin?" I ask as I shake my hands to bring feeling back to them.

"Present," Martin calls from the door. He's covered in blood but smiling goofily as always. I guess it's not his blood. "Just taking care of a few guards."

"I know where Drake is," I tell him immediately. "He's down the hall at the end. The south end."

Martin nods and turns around, running in the direction of Drake. Megan gives me a quick hug before placing two items in my hands. My eyes go wide. It's a knife and a gun.

"Megan!" I squeak in panic.

"For emergencies only," she assures me. Megan quickly shows me how to shoot the gun and then pulls me out the door. "Come on. We need to get Drake and get out."

Megan looks both ways and when she deems the coast clear she pulls me into the hall and we begin running. I'm holding the knife and gun with shaking hands as the adrenaline courses through my body. It propels me forward as we continue this desperate rescue mission.

We only encounter a few guards which Megan takes care of without so much as a blink of her eyes. They come and are dead before I can even react. Everything is happening so fast which I guess is good. It doesn't give me time to freeze and totally freak out.

"There!" I say pointing with the knife at the door Drake is behind.

Megan uses a key card to open the electronic lock. She kicks the door open and quickly scans the room with her gun held out defensively. Two gun shots immediately go off but I'm suddenly on the ground unscathed. Megan knocked us to the ground before any of the bullets could hit us. She rolls over and shoots at Sanchez who dove behind the door for cover.

I look around frantically. Martin is lying on the ground with blood trailing from his shoulder and the back of his head. Drake is watching the scene with wide eyes and a bandana covering his mouth so that I can't understand what he's saying.

Megan begins to go after Sanchez but more guards come our way. They shoot their guns and I crawl as I move away from the door and their line of fire. Megan is forced to forget about Sanchez as she hits every single guard running towards us.

I can't seem to do anything. All I can do is stare dumbly as Megan single handedly takes care of everything. Something catches my eye, and I turn my head. I see motion from behind Megan, and my eyes go wide. It's Sanchez. Raising a gun aimed directly at Megan. Acting purely on instinct I scream in panic, raise the gun shakily, and press the trigger. The sound is deafening, and I wasn't expecting the power of the gun. It causes my arm to shoot back slightly and I almost let go.