twelve

Jisung waited at the park for Yehana. She had texted him and asked if he was up to discuss what had happened the night of the recital. Jisung responded and told her that he was available. He didn't want to tell her, but he was grateful she had texted him first because because he wouldn't have known how to start the conversation. Even though he was mad at her, he still brought her the tea she likes from the cafe they go to and her favorite frosted sugar cookie, too. Jisung was sitting on a small black iron bench in the park as he shook his right leg. He was quite anxious.

"I do see us being together in two years." Jisung looked up and saw her standing in front of him, "But I also see myself being far away from Seoul, not having to compete with all these up and coming artists that are dying to be idols."

Jisung nodded his head, "I understand that, but it just hurt."

Yehana sunk down onto the bench that he was sitting on, "I know, I'm sorry that I said that."

"I forgive you."

Yehana smiled and looked at him, his lips turned into a smile as he saw her's. Jisung was like putty in her hands. He molded and formed into anything she wanted. He wondered for a minute if it was silly to forgive her so quickly but shook off the thought. Jisung stood up and mentioned that he needed to buy new cleats for soccer. Yehana suggested they go eat first and then go purchase the shoes. Jisung agreed and they walked off to go find the street food vendors so they could get food for cheaper. There were already many vendors by the park because the park is usually pretty busy. They bought some savory foods, as well as sweet snacks and they also bought fresh squeezed juices for after they were done with their drinks that Jisung bought them.

They sat down at a picnic table that was set up in the park. They sat and ate while talking about all sorts of things. Yehana spoke about how her little sister received a present for Valentine's Day and Jisung laughed. They spoke about school and projects they have to complete. Jisung took out his phone and snapchatted videos of Yehana sipping the juice they bought or of him telling her that he missed her. It was dumb teenager stuff that was significant in their 21st century lives. They threw away their trash and began walking, hand in hand, to the athletic store to find Jisung some cleats. It was warmer outside so they didn't need to be covered completely. They both walked around in shorts and held each other's hand comfortably. Jisung opened the door to the athletic store for Yehana and they walked in together. There were short silver benches in the middle of the store where Yehana at down and Jisung scanned the walls of cleats. He picked up a pair of orange ones and then some green ones.

He was determined to find the most comfortable pair that had a nice grip. He settled on the green one's and they left. Yehana grabbed his hand once again and they went to get on the bus so they could get home. Their date was fun and short, but it didn't matter to them. They showed each other posts on social media and then got off at their stop. Jisung walked Yehana to her door where she hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear.

"I leave in one week."

————

Help. Idk how to end this book.

-Mames