Prologue

Ominous black smoke rose from the remains. An eerie silence seemed to loom over the area, a silence that made no indications of the lives that have been taken mere minutes ago. The bloodcurdling screams, the irony smell of blood, and the delightful feeling of the chaos that followed right when destruction struck. All of it had been reduced to a nonexistent echo, and all of it fell short of the deafening silence.

The mighty black creature loved it. Never did it become boring. Every situation was different. A pure bliss, just like it always was.

Until yesterday, the village underneath the magnificent beast used to be full of life. Parents and children laughing and playing under the clear blue sky. Elderly people taking long and peaceful strolls underneath the sun's warm sunlight, and teenagers getting their first taste of love.

The mighty beast scoffed at it. He hated what the humans thought was true love. In fact, they knew nothing about it. Claiming multiple others as their true love before settling into marriage then to often spend years together for them to break up again. Humans would never know what true love meant. In fact, they merely scratched the surface.

How disgusting.

Suddenly a piercing cry broke the dragon out him admiring his work.

'What is this? A child? Still alive?' Wondered the beast not looking towards the source, and in a lazy fashion, it turned around. A small blast would be enough to obliterate the source of screeching, but there was something that stopped him.

In any other situation, he would have made a single hesitation to annihilate the source that attacked his sensitive ears, but when his eyes, locked onto it, the mighty creature froze.

It was a young child probably no older than five. His clothes were torn and small cuts and bruises covered the body of the salmon-haired boy, but it wasn't empathy that stopped the dragon, no, it was something entirely else.

The thing that stopped him from obliviating the boy was the immense magical power that radiated of him. A power that could easily rival a full-grown mage. An experienced mage. However, the most unsettling part was the familiarity of it.

The dragon paused and thought for a few seconds. He knew very well that some dragons had decided to rais human children as their disciples. Even so, the aura of the child felt so familiar it was almost infuriation the fact that he couldn't recall why it felt that way or who it reminded him of.

Internally sighing the dragon landed in front of the young boy.

At the sight of the mighty creature, the boy's black eyes widened, and he immediately fell silent. However, it wasn't completely out of fear, it was bewilderment.

"Your name?" The dragon growled as he was meat with a red and orange dragon roar that was about 2 meters in diameter.

The boy was apparently acted on pure instinct as the magical pressure from the mighty beast was too overwhelming. However, he knew the second he released the attack that he made a mistake. His father had told him that not all dragons were nice. Incredibly as it was for the five-year-old boy, he knew that this dragon or the beast in front of him was one of the unkind ones.

His actions landed him in incredibly dangerous territory, and he knew that he would soon pay the price for it.

"What's you're the name. Who raised you?" The black dragon asked, amused that the boy's first reaction was to attack him. A creature that could clearly end his life with one swift motion.

"N-Natsu Dragneel, s-son of the fire dragon king, Igneel." He replied somewhat what meek yet prideful voice, as the black dragon mentally smacked himself for not noticing it earlier. Then the boy cocked his head in curiosity as he looked at the black creature in front of him. Had his senses been wrong? The dragon didn't seem to attack him.