Part 22 (Tower of Heaven P1)

It was probably a rule somewhere in the universe stating that everything goes wrong when you are in a rush. Which was a prime example of what happened to a certain blue-haired girl and the two flying cats accompanying her.

Wendy huffed in frustration as she tried to gently maneuver herself through the crowd of people and to the train station. With the extra weight of her luggage slowing her down she was worried she might lose her train.

Happy and Carla flew behind her, each carrying their own form of baggage. Well, Carla did, in Happy's case, his little bundle containing one single fresh salmon was his so-called luggage.

Carla huffed in annoyance as a stray arm nearly knocked her down mid-flight, thus settling down on Wendy's head instead. "We could always carry you to the station," she supplied, to which Wendy nodded.

"I know, but my suitcase might be too heavy to carry for you two. Besides, I think we might actually make it... Hopefully."

A crowd of people suddenly rushed to the side and Wendy grumbled under her breath as a woman almost knocked her to the ground. The young dragon slayer looked to her side to see what all the ruckus was for and quickly got her answer in the form of a moving mini mountain of various miscellaneous items. Which was enough of a tale to inform her that Erza was coming.

"I should've gone with her... Natsu or Y/n," Wendy sighed to which Carla rose an eyebrow. Seeing her friend's expression the dragon slayer couldn't help but defeatedly sink in on herself. "Right... If I did then I'd have to go through Void or Chaotic rift. Or if I went with Erza then I'd have to wait for her to pack everything... Guess there was no better option."

Steeling her resolve, Wendy instead started to gently push her way toward the scarlet mage's march toward the station, completely unbothered by the people around her.

As they got closer, the trio realized that the Requip mage wasn't alone as she was accompanied by both Gray and Lucy.

"Hi, Wendy. Good to see you've made it. " Lucy greeted her with a smile.

"We'll it wasn't easy." Wendy chuckled moving her foot in slight embarrassment. "Anyways. have you seen Natsu or Y/n?"

"They're probably already at the train station, "Gray mused. "After all they can pop up right wherever they want to in less than a second."

"Ah, yes." Wendy agreed as the six entered the train station. Sure enough, they spotted the pinkhead and the h/c haired girl. Y/n stood in a lax position, eyes scanning the nearby crowd, while Natsu stood ever rigid with his arms crossed.

"Late as always," Natsu quipped once they got within earshot. An old backpack that probably used to be black at some point, was now strapped over his shoulder covered by the black cloak. From the looks of it, the clock was very likely to be the one he wore in Haregon.

"Not that late," Gray argued, glancing at the other. "Just... twenty minutes late... We didn't miss our train did we."

"No," Natsu replied fatly making it hard to decern whether they did or did not miss the train.

Seeing the other's confusion, Y/n gently smiled. "You didn't miss the train. Turns out that they had to do some maintenance on the railroads leading to here."

"That would explain the crowd," Lucy reasoned, before turning toward the two mages. "Though, it probably didn't bother you too much if you used Chaoritc rift or Void."

"We do walk you know," the pink-haired dragon slayer looked at the blond. "We aren't dependent on the spell to get anywhere."

"Besides using the spell in such a crowded place would be risky, to say the least," Y/n calmly stated her eyes moving toward a large group of people.