Part 10 (The Escape)

"How do we get out from here?" Happy shouted holding his ears with his paws. A couple of meters in front of him was a gigantic wall made of enchanted wind magic, threatening to tear them apart if they so much as touched it.

"Natsu could use Ch..." Y/n started, only to get cut off.

"No!!!" Everyone instantly shouted at her. Their passionate denial made her flinch at the sound as despite the loud volume of the wind surrounding them.

"Why not?" She shouted I'm back, confused by their incredibly negative reaction to it.

"We'll be useless after it!" Gray responded hands to his ears yet shivering at the unpleasant memory.

"Ther's no u-use.....Erigor is almost in C-Clower town." Kagayama said almost unconscious. Making only the closest ones to him and the dragon slayers look at him.

"Remind me why we still took him with us," Natsu calmly said to Y/n, gesturing his head towards the barely conscious mage on the ground.

-Flashback-

Wendy, Gray, Erza, and Lucy looked at the clearly dead man at their feet. His head was split open and blood although it had slowed down significantly still seeped from the wound. At the sound of someone clearing their throat, their attention was brought back towards the pink-haired mage that threw him there.

"Can you lift the protective seal off or not?" Natsu asked in his emotionless voice, eye locked into he frightened mage in front of him.

"N-no I-I don't know what he used on it," Kageyama said and braced himself for Natsu's next move. The dragon prince punched him unconscious and walked towards Y/n, grabbing her arm on his way out of the room.

"Natsu?" Wendy asked looking at his retreating back while he waved his arm over his shoulder. A clear sign of a brush of, or as Wendy saw it a sign of leaving it to him.

The dragonslayer duo walked down the hallway before Natsu turned around grabbing Y/n's shoulder. It was a minuscule thing, but he could feel the small trembles in her now almost small looking frame.

"How are you feeling?" He asked in a more tender voice as he looked at her. Her eyes were glazed, and she looked slightly out of it.

"I'm... shaking and I feel- I feel anxious despite you... and the others being here and- I just... I just don't want that to repeat again. " Y/n said gripping the end of her shirt tightly. Natsu and unregistered nod before pulling the girl closer in a stiff and awkward hug.

Y/n tensed at the out of character gesture, but slowly returned it. Burning her head in his chest finding comfort in the familiar warmth and the calm and steady rhythm of his heartbeat. The duo stayed like that until Y/n pushed away.

-Flashback end-

"So, why did we take him with us?" Natsu said impatiently at the lack of an explanation.

"Because he was hurt." Erza sated as if the answer was obvious.

"Of course," Natsu said sarcastically rolling his eyes. The dragon prince still didn't understand why the even bother to take him with them. He was only going to slow them down. Not to mention the guy was hurt, barely clinging to consciousness.

"Wendy please heal him," Natsu asked a little less emotionless than before. "I can't take it anymore. His whining is beyond tiresome."

Doing just as Natsu asked her the blue-haired girl went up to the man and started to heal him. A soft sky green glow surrounded them before it died down. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, Wendy gave a satisfied nod before taking her spot beside Y/n.