Part:31

Abhya was standing in front of the mirror combing his hairs when he sees Arvi through mirror coming towards mirror adjusting her saree.
He smiled seeing her, she was wearing off white net saree with a red velvet border on which white stone shone making  roses. A simple beautiful diamond necklace around her neck and big long matching earrings. He turns. She was coming towards him while all busy in adjusting her saree not aware of his presence which makes her bump into him.
She looks up at him and he was standing stuffing his hands inside his pocket.

He slowly gets his hands out of his pocket and crawl up to her waist making her shiver.

He leans towards her and places a soft kiss across her cheeks making her turn crimson. He kisses her temple making her close her eyes.

"Arvi.." He calls her and she opens  her eyes. He takes her hands in his. He wanted to say something but words were not ready to make there way out of his mouth. Arvi could feel this, obviously she could.
Arvi trails her hands up to his cheeks cupping his face.
"Abhya, I am always there for you" he said and Abhya smiled.
"I know" he says and pulls her even more close if possible." And even I won't allow you to leave me till my last breath"  he said. She gave him an unbelievable look for his statement which didn't even matter him a bit.

Abhya and Arvi were sitting in front row of the event with nandini and saraswati which was reserved for Bhoomi's family.

"Ladies and Gentleman" exclaims a lady of late twenties standing over the stage grabbing the attention of all of them present there who were busy in there own worlds discussing and gossiping.

She continues to speak but none word could make it's way to Abhya brain, no doubt he was just physically present there while he had some fear in his heart to not want to face his past after so many years.

Arvi after every moment glanced Abhya. She was well aware of his condition. She wanted to help him but there was no way out of this, she knew Abhya had no escape he needs to face his past one or the other day. He cannot keep running.

She slowly crawls her hand towards Abhya which were placed in his laps. Abhya feels Arvi's hand entwined with his and slowly turns his face and looks at her. She blinks her eyes assuring him that no matter what she is always there for him.
He smiles slightly as he gets what she wanted to convey to him.

Abhya tries to smile though felt an unexplained uneasiness in his heart.
He closes his eyes for a moment to calm down and opens as he hears the anchor announcing Bhoomi's name. His lips curved in smile and stands up so does everyone present there while Bhoomi walked to the stage. Huge rounds of applause echoed making tears gushed out Bhoomi's eyes.

These tears which were right now in Bhoomi's eyes did not made her look dull but made her face glow like of a newly wedded bride or a mother holding her child in her arms for first time. She was on the seventh sky. She had bright smile on her face and those tears made her eyes shine like a diamond which even more complimented her.

Arvi was jumping in happiness and Abhya was more happy than even Bhoomi but he as always never showed his emotions but had a genuine smile on his face.

Soon after this function and Bhoomi's Thanksgiving speech Abhya wanted to rush out not wanting to see his past in front of him again which haunted him every night since so many years.

He straightened up holding Saraswati's hand helping her to stand up off her seat while Bhoomi comes there holding her award in her hands. She bows and takes blessing touching saraswati's blessings.

Arvi tightly hugs her making Bhoomi smile widely.

"I am soo... Happy" shouts Arvi.