Pain a part of life

Teaser to one shot

Two years, can someone imagine what a person goes through, if even after living under same roof that same person doesn't talk to you whose blabbering would not stop even for a minute the entire days for two straight years, precise and accurate two long years

That day of November 10 of 2022 changed everything for her and today on November 10 2024 she is adamant about changing everything for herself, in morning 7 she was standing in their room, their, no ways it was no more their room, it was for the first time in these 2 years she stepped in his room, with her bags backed that were already there in the living area of the house and a trolley suitcase in her one hand and handbag in another with an expression less face she uttered, " I am leaving "

He was standing with his back towards her, a single drop of tear left his eyes but he didn't even budge and stood like a stone on his place. Words left his throat two years back and today he had nothing to say, he knew it was over between them but she was ever think of leaving, this thought didn't even cross his mind.

She sighed not getting any reply but could see him through mirror, that single drop of his tear drenched her heart. She turned to leave, he saw through mirror as soon as she reached the entrance she said, " I am sorry Virat."

For the time in these 2 years he heard her say his name and the last time he heard from her were exactly the same words

I am sorry Virat, I am really sorry, I feel same Virat believe me Virat please I beg you I am sorry"
She begged on her knees but he didn't even turn to her

Virat gets out the flashback and turns this time unlike that day but only to find out that there was no one, she left, he was late, too late.

Virat,  Amrita married 5 years ago, Virat was 23 and Amrita was 22, an arranged marriage, no one would say they had arranged marriage they had more love between them than a childhood sweethearts there parents probably knew each other not quiet well thought but Amrita's brother knew Virat and use met him often in  business meetings it was once when their companies were working in collaboration on same project their friendship grew, this friendship soon turned into relationship with Virat's father putting out the proposal of Virat for Amrita and why not, she was a beautiful and working as an IPS in the central government. Amrita's family accepted it only after Amrita saying yes. But who knew that they would suffer more than the happiness they had received from life.

After travelling for 4 hours she reached her new home, actually a government bungalow that would be transferred to the officer to another IPS after she leaves. She was transferred to the nearby city and she felt that it would be best if she leaves forever, it was not for the first time she was transferred after their marriage but definitely for the first time after that horrific day of November 10. She gets down after asking her helpers to take her belongings inside, she knew she would alone be living in this big mansion, last time when she was transferred they were so happy as finally they get some couple time away from family, they didn't even get a chance to got to honeymoon due to her duty at least they could expect some privacy for few days. Yes he used to come with her after her every transfer. They were aways together no matter what, only if she knew that no togethers are forever she would have been saved from this pain she is going through every second.

Amrita was arranging her room, unpacking her bags when,
"Don't you feel the pain Virat, Don't you remember me, us , miss us , together, is it only me." She asked holding his frame in her hand that she got with her.
She slips on her knees breaking down and crying bitterly, she cried her heart out. She curls up on the floor with his frame tight held against her chest.

"Amrita, you should not go?" He said stopping her

"I have to it's my duty, and don't worry nothing will happen to me." She said making his 10minutes long efforts of begging and persuading her go in vain of not letting her go to that dangerous place, umm not exactly dangerous but it was dangerous for at least now, since last twenty minutes after it caught fire.

"Ok promise me you will take care of yourself," he said all worried.

"Ok baba I promise" she said before rushing

It was 8:30 in the morning when she got the new of fire in a primary school of her city, she being an IPS officer it was her prime duty to report their ensuing safety of all and she even did as soon as possible, but upon reaching their she realised that everything went already out of control, she was not afraid of media or politicians that was constantly blaming and irritating the police  but was fearing for the lives of those kids that were stuck in there they already vacated all three classrooms but the problem were the children that were stuck in washroom. They were trying to decrease the flames so that they could get in there but they didn't had time and when it was it for her, she could not handle the crying and seeing the parents of those stuck children in pain she decided to go inside by herself and get those kids out at any cost. Everyone tried to stop her but she didn't listen, "what id it was my child?" And this statement made everyone listen to her.

Before she stepped in she recalled his words, she felt uneasy and rubbed her chest throat and stomach to calm her anxiety, for a second she thought to back off but within a moment seeing those parents she brushed all her thoughts aside and entered that burning school.

She successfully saved those three kids stuck in the washroom and was standing in the middle of the playground praised by all. Her clothes were burnt from few places it was difficult for her to breathe as she got those kids out on by one draining all her energy, the carbon from the burn was stuck all over her body and  suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen she looked down on her feet feeling something wet only to realise she was bleeding and She got unconscious .

She was in the hospital all she could remember was blood flowing down her pants before she collapsed making her realise that she lost her child.

"Sorry sir Maam suffered miscarriage."

Flashbacks over!

It was morning she got up with huge pain in her back as she slept in the same position.

Even if they didn't talk still he didn't feel this empty in his heart as he felt today, it was more than 24 hours she left still he could not sign those divorce papers that she handed before leaving. Only he knew what he was going through. He felt suffocating though the cabin he was sitting in was spacious, well ventilated and air conditioned. But only if one could really understand would realise that physical suffocation still can be solved by taking care, medication and walking to a open space but the mental suffocation, but there is always a key to every lock, similarly medication to mental suffocation do exist, peace of mind.

He spins his chair around staring at those paper, "I need to talk before we finish this!" he uttered realising he was wrong about the fact that they staying away would bring him peace he was looking for.

She was back from her duty, she entered the house, " Meena, please put my dinner on table" saying loudly so that voice reaches servants quarter only to realise that her husband was sitting on the couch in living room to her complete shock, no she was not socked somewhere deep inside her, she knew he would come for once he would talk to her before they end this. She observed him keenly he was wearing the same shirt that he wore on that day
of winters, he was sitting there holding divorce papers in one hand and their wedding in another, he never got their wedding ring out of his hand this was for the first time after their marriage he was holding it that too with divorce papers, this pinched her heart.

"Maam, dining is ready, sir please come?" Meena said bringing both out of their thoughts. Amrita composed herself.

Both had dinner once Amrita changed her uniform, There was complete silence on one uttered a word. Amrita had asked meena and other servants to leave and come only the next morning and everyone followed her orders. Amrita was sitting on the head chair while he was sitting just next to her, their hands were resting close to each other on the table They finished their meal