Smile Flower

(Jamie POV)

For once, the sun had finally come up and it was above average temperatures in England. The snow had melted away two days after it had come down. The crystalized water never staying in London for long. 

It was one of those rare crisp winter days where the sun was just right for a good three hours and you would be fine with just a sweatshirt and jeans. 

Mari rest his small head on my legs as I continue studying for my economics final on Primrose Hill. Pushing up my glasses while Mari closes his eyes and hums quietly to himself.

 I glance up from my book for a second and instantly regret it because I'm stuck staring at this perfect man. His wavy brown hair fell perfectly on his fluffy face where the sun only highlights his completion like a perfect halo. Even his humming is beautiful, with his hands rested on his chest as he soaks in the warmth. But I also knew the perfection was not only on the outside but it was the beauty of his heart and soul I found the most attractive.

 My poor weak heart skips a beat and I'm left wondering how the hell did I, the most unattractive nerd from North America, have the honor of even being able to touch him nevermind call him mine.

He opens his eyes and meets my gaze, giggling slightly and I felt my heart drop out of my chest. 

"What's up?" He asks with that beautiful shy smile which I had come to learn by experience was most genuine of all his smiles. 

"Um...Anata Wa Maika Nee?" I attempt, butchering the language with my stupid American accent. He sits up and looks at me with narrowed eyes, for a second I'm suddenly scared I accidentally said something offensive.

 "Did you just speak Alohowa?!" He asks grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

 "Maybe? How did I do?" he stops shaking me and tilts his head, 

"It was a good first try!" He gives me a big thumbs up with a wide smile. 

"Aww..What did I do wrong?" I groan, disappointed considering I had been secretly studying the language in the dorm when he was working.