~chapter twenty six~ reality

Date: 6/31/17

Current Time: 12:20 pm

Stanley Uris, otherwise known as stantheman, was beginning to question the matter of meeting Bill Denbrough, otherwise known as bill.den or sometimes Building, in real life. Reality had always been scary for a boy like himself. It was as if it would come to get him someday, acting second in command to his fear, and swallow him whole. Not that anyone would care that much. As a matter of fact, Stanley was not known to have many friends, despite what he had brought Bill to believe. 

And he didn't want to encounter Bill in reality because he hadn't yet come to terms with the idea that he would be crushed if Bill wasn't what he was supposed to be. What Stanley wanted him to be. This person that spoke to him differently. That seemed to actually care for him in some way, shape, or form. That he cared for too. 

Sitting against that tree looking over the quarry, he was experiencing feelings of all new proportions. It put him in his own world, staring at the ticking watch on his wrist that he had received from his father on his thirteenth birthday. They had agreed on 12:15, but it was five minutes past that already. Five minutes that had already started up a train of thoughts, all something along the lines of: He's not coming. 

So when two fingers tapped against his shoulder, it wasn't exactly expected. And he couldn't help but shy away from the gesture before looking up at the ocean-blue-eyed-figure in front of him.

"Stan the muh-man?" 

"Building." Stanley had never spoken to someone with blue eyes like those in his entire life. He stood up just to see them better. 

"H-hi." 

"You're actually real." He said it aloud because it wasn't properly registering in his brain. 

"S-so are you...I think." 

"You think?"

"I n-need to make s-sure."

"And how is th-" 

Bill's arms were now wrapped around Stan's torso, Stan eventually moving his to Bill's waist. It was weird to take it all in. The stutter he had had no clue was a thing, the mint scent enveloping Bill's personna, the way they both closed their eyes when they hugged one another. Their bodies seemed to fit together like puzzle pieces, like their words when they talked online. 

Both boys were given affection by their parents on the good days, but it never felt like this did. And the good days didn't come very often anyway. 

After a few sparse minutes though, the puzzle pieces pulled away from each other, now inter-locking their eyes instead. It was weird that blue and brown could be such a nice color combination. 

"So, am I real?" The eyebrows above the brown eyes slightly raised.

Bill nodded in response, his lips curling up a bit at the corners. "V-very." 

Author's Note-

I apologize that I made such a big lead-up into this and it actually turned out to be shit. Oops. I promise there's more to come though. 

- Sophia <3