Where were you?

In 2007 when Linkin Park and Fort Minor and P!ATD were the biggest things ever?

In 2007, I was in grade 11. I used to kind of like this guy in my class except my friend and I used to call him a bit of a mean name whenever we used to talk about him. Obviously, he never knew that I liked him. But he always, ALWAYS sat behind me or in front of me during a geography test even though there was an entirely empty classroom.

This was before one of my best friends got married and these were some of the best memories that I have. Her dad owns a pet shop and I used to be there almost every saturday. It got to the point where I used to call her mum Mum and her brother used to irritate the hell out of me but I used to still have fun talking to him. I had the biggest ever thing for her cousin and whenever I saw him, I'd blurt out really stupid things. But they were good times.

Some of my best memories come from grade 11. I was a bit of a mean kid but I used to love my friends.

But we've all grown up now. One is a doctor, one is married with 4 kids, one is married with a kid as well. That one is actually married to my second cousin and then, there's me. Going onto my third year of having a job.

I remember the Apple Bottom Jeans song came out then. I could actually do the low, low, low thing and go riiiight down backwards and come back up again.

Those were good days. Those were really, really good days and I miss them. I miss the friends that I made and lost- not purposely. Just because life got in the way. I miss having 5 minute crushes on stupid boys and I actually miss homework. I never actually did my homework but whatever I did do was always boss.

I miss being a smart mouth in my english class and having my teacher actually confess that she thought I was adorable even though I gave her hell. I really miss my geography teacher. She was the only adult that I fully trusted with all of my secrets. I miss those stupid chat sites... if I remember correctly, I was on prodigits and migg33. That was all the bloody rage then but it was so much of fun talking to random strangers who ended up becoming really great friends. In hindsight- those things were bloody ridiculous but every teenager was on it.

I miss the days when I thought 25 was the be all-end all age.

I miss being a kid sometimes. I really, really miss being a kid sometimes.