Things that were supposed to happen in my stories..

So in all of my stories, as with all writers, things were supposed to happen that clearly did not. They were fully formed ideas right down to the wording and just as it was supposed to be written, I changed my mind and  had something else happen.
So here's a list of things that were meant to be and never happened.

There will be spoilers!

1. Yaaseen asked Layla to go back home a few months after they got married for the second time. Scrapped it because I thought it too dramatic and extra. She realised he loved her just fine like this and their nice, sweet, cute way.

2. Loving you better- Raees was supposed to meet Afrah for the first time when Yumna goes to his company and asks him to publish her textbook. And then he was supposed to be wowed by the cover she designed. Then I was like... blegh. Ew.

3. Normal with you- Tasneem was never, ever, ever supposed to be raped. It was supposed to be... milder than that (not that any sexual abuse is mild but the events itself were supposed to be not... you know the full way.) Then I wondered why I was scared to write it. It's a fact and it's something that happens and I didn't want to shy away from reality.

4. Please find me- All of it. Literally- it was supposed to be a one-shot based on the idea of a writer whose husband finds out she's cheating on him. That was supposed to be Please find me. Ended up writing the one-shot Unfaithful to you and to deal with a wife who cheats on her husband and Please find me was born... somehow.

5. Loving you better- Yumna was not ever meant to be who she became. I wanted Muneer to be the shit everyone thought he would be. He was supposed to have cheated on her.

6. Please find me- Mikaeel's name was supposed to be Shuaib 😶

That's all I can think of for now. Will probably be a part 3 sometime in the future.