Ch7: Water fights and Memories.

Tylers POV.

Alfie stands up, pulling Zoe with him, telling us that they are going to explore further down the stream. I groan at them and jokingly beg them not to leave me alone with Troye, intentionally sounding dramatic and crashing my fists into the grass to add extra feigned disgust. He playfully swats me and announces that that he might tag along with them, shifting his body as if to stand up. My jaw falls open and I curl my hand around his calf, keeping him grounded.

"Not happening" I state firmly.

"But Ty, I couldn't possibly burden you with my presence for any longer" he chirps at me. Alfie rolls his eyes and wraps his arm around his pretty brunette, whisking her away from us.

"As much as it pains me, I suppose you being here is better than me sitting here alone" I tease.

"Oh but I can fix that, I'm sure Zoe will swap with me..." he quickly retorts. "Zo..." he calls out in her direction, purposefully only loud enough for the two of us to hear. I smile at him, amused at him going along with my game. His face brightens, breaking into a smile as he catches mine.

"You know, actually, looking at your toothy grin, maybe I'll let you stick around after all" I cheerfully exclaim. He shakes his head fondly - his smile still wide – and gives me another mischievous swot.

 I claim Troye's hand in mine and pull him onto my lap eager to squeeze him close to me. His legs wrap around my waist as I slide my hand up the back of his thin t-shirt and he proceeds to press a kiss into my hair. We sit like this for a while, animatedly chatting about anything and everything until Alfie and Zoe reappear. We both burst into laughter as we clock Alfie clutching his sodden vest in his hands and several damp patches spread across his shorts.

"Was someone excited by the stream boo?" I tease. Zoe bursts into laughter as Alfie glowers and tells us about how she found it highly amusing to kick water at him, showering him in the stream. We laugh loudly but soon stop, as Alfie wrings his vest out above our heads, the water dripping onto us. I tense up as cold droplets trail down my neck and face. Troye gasps and wipes at his cheeks, shuddering slightly. Alfie laughs and quickly steps back, ensuring he is out of arms reach before either of us can retaliate. Troye slides of my lap, standing up and shaking his head like a dog emerging from a bath. I laugh at him and run my hands through my own damp hair in an attempt to fix my quiff. We both turn to Alfie and he paces backwards, a slight smirk still tugging at his lips.

"Guys... Come on... it's just water" he tauntingly reasons.

Troye and I both quickly glance at each other and nod, silently agreeing our next move. We both lunge towards our tall friend and he immediately runs away, a spirited smile on his face.

"Get him"" shouts Zoe loudly and cheerfully, still emitting girlish giggles with her camera now in hand.

Troye catches him first, stilling him by wrapping his long arms around Alfie's torso. I reach them both and mirror Troye's actions.

"Troyler sandwich!" we both shout out, squeezing Alfie tightly. Zoe is still laughing and vlogging the moment. Alfie's head snaps back and lets out a shrill cackle. He squirms trying for his release but with his successful freedom, we all lose balance and crash to the ground. We lie like this, looking up at the sky, laughing at our silliness.

"Sometimes I forget we are all in our twenties and supposed to be adults, but you know what? It's often the moments that I forget our age that are the best ones. We can be twenty-something and still act like we're ten right?" Zoe asks as she approaches us, trying to help pull us up.

"My ten year old self, votes for a handstand competition!" I declare enthusiastically.

"Only after we have a wheelbarrow race" adds Troye, his face lit up with excitement. We continue to spend the afternoon acting like children, occasionally taking photos and often laughing and shrieking.