Chapter 7 - A Crime of Unknown Origin

Hey guys! I'm back with another update, and I hope you enjoy! In this chapter we'll get to see a bit more of Shoto's, so hopefully you guys are interested in this new chapter.

(Opening Theme)

--------------------------

Floor 56: Lady

In a cave near the village of Pani, the frontline players, including Shoto and Kirito were gathered to discuss about the boss field they could not beat. Players of all kinds, which were members of the frontline guilds, or in the case of Shoto and Kirito, two-man guild players, were around the round table, discussing a possible solution.

Among the players there is a young woman in white and red clothing, symbolizing her standing as a member of the guild 'Knights of the Blood Oath'. She slammed her hand onto the table. "Lure to the village." She suggested. "That's how we'll get the boss."

Everyone looked at her in surprise because of her plan, while another wave of murmurs broke up among the crowd.

"W-wait a minute!" Kirito objected "If you do that, the villagers-"

"That's the idea." The Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood said. "While the boss is killing NPC'S, we'll go in for the kill."

"They're not just in NPC's!" Kirito said, disagreeing with the idea. "NPC's are not just 3D objects like trees and rocks, they're-"

"Alive? Is that it?" The woman looked at the solo-ingduo. "They're just objects, even if they're killed, they'll just respawn." The young woman, Asuna, said.

Shoto glared heatedly at her, then slammed his hand on the table, and yelled loudly at her "Are you that heartless, woman!" Even if they're just animated objects you can not just use them like some replaceable items! "

"But they are." Asuna answered coldly.

"No, they are not!" Shoto disagreed, remembering all the NPC's he had met, especially Claire. "That is the dumbest plan I've ever heard of, and I will not be apart of it."

Everyone went silent, knowing how dangerous Shoto and Kirito could be when provoked, but Asuna kept up her glare. "And Asuna, Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath, will oversee this operation." She said with full authority. "You will all follow my command" Kirito and Shoto just glared at her, while the blonde was clenching his fists.

"Let's get one thing straight, Miss Almighty." Shoto said, gaining everyone's attention. "You command the Blood Oath Knights, not the Moonlit Black Cats. So do not let the authority go to your head."

Silence, that's all that was in the cave. Some of the players had their jaws unhinged while others had gone into shock. Asuna, the Vice Commander of the Blood Oath Knights was just verbally bitch-slapped by Moonlit Black Cats' Yellow Fang, Shoto.

Shoto had just unknowingly gained a new title from the men of the crowd, 'Iron Balls Shoto'.

Asuna on the other hand looked ready to commit murder, but before anything could happen, Klein spoke up. 

"All right, I think we'll need to do another week of grinding in that case. Let's meet back here next week to compare notes. Any arguments?" He shot a look at both the Black Cats and Asuna while he spoke.

Fortunately, everyone agreed to leave peacefully, and the meeting cavern cleared out with relative quiet.

---------------------------- 

XXX

After the meeting came to an end, Shoto and Kirito walked away, followed by the players in gray cloaks.