Chapter 2 - Tears

Yo guys! I'm back with another chapter!The first chapter went pretty well, and I was wondering who do you guys think I should pair Shoto with. The pairing is optional, I've already decided, but IF you can convince me, I might change it.

Thanks for reviewing! I am not worthy! Also, it seem the word 'Bro fist' are not too popular, so, i will minimalist it for story sake, they will say it, but rarely. Anyway, on to the story!

By the way, this chapter is original, and there are side oc's, this is a 'filler chapter' of how Shoto and Kirito can become what they are at the volume 2 in the anime, so no Asuna in this chapter... sorry.

-----------------------------

XXX

"Hyah!" A gray wolf was cut into two as it disappeared.  "There we go..." Shoto mumbled as he crouched to take a fang the wolf left. "That's three..."

'Ping' A ping like sound got his attention.

'You have a new message'

Shoto opened the mail.

Shoto, I'm done here, what about you?

Kirito

Shoto opened his reply menu as he type his answer.

Done, let's meet up at the village.

Shoto

Shoto nodded, as he ran towards the village area.

---------------------

Floor 1: Kokoto Village

Its been a couple of days since the event where Akihiko's announcement took place, the chaos had subsided... a little. Right now, Kirito and Shoto are powering up by doing quests and buying better equipment in the village, where at the moment, only had few players, which was a good thing, the village was small, few buildings, one inn, one blacksmith, one item shop, and a quest shop. But... there was slight problem...

"Here you go, three wild wolf fangs for your sick mother."

"Ah! Thanks Mr! Uhm... its not much, but here's your payment." A little girl with red dress said, as she handed Shoto a small bag of coins.

Shoto stared at the bag, and then he smiled and patted the girl's head. "Nah, its okay Claire, you keep it."

The little girl, Claire, looked surprised. "B-but my mother said-"

Shoto silenced her by patting her head again. "Its okay, you can use the coins for your mother, beside, your smile is rewarding enough. So, please smile?" Shoto asked as he smiled.

The girl looked even more surprised at Shoto. Then she looked down, before giving Shoto her biggest smile. "Thank's mr!" The girl said as she ran toward hers home, her smile still on her face.

"At it again huh? Its the third time you didn't accept payment." Kirito said from behind Shoto as he walked closer towards the blond.

"Oh... hey Ki."

"You know, we can't buy good equipment if we keep saying no to the quest reward. I mean, why would the game create a no option to a quest reward?"

Shoto chuckled. "Yeah... you maybe right... But, every good deeds we do shall be returned ten fold, I'm sure of it!" Shoto said determined.

Kirito sighed at his friend's sense of justice. "I guess that's what makes him Saito."

"Anyway, you got the reward for your quest?" Shoto asked.