Chapter 3

Pete's POV

I woke up early to see if my dad was home. He wasn't. Why does he have to go in to work so early. I trudged down stairs and my mom was sitting there reading some random magazine. I ran across and she didn't even notice me. Thank god. I ran out the door. I know I am too young to go out alone but I don't care. Like my mom would care. I ran to my dog Hemmingway's house and he looked at me. "Hey boy wanna go somewhere with me?" I asked him grabbing his leash. He walked with me and we headed to the only place that actually meant something to me. The park.

Hemmingway was sitting on a bench while I was finding something to play on. There was nothing good to do. I noticed there was a car that looked like Patrick's at the doctors. I shrugged and got Hemmingway. "Come on Boy. I know you don't wanna go home. Me ether." I said letting him walk ahead of me. We stayed there for a while. I hope we stayed there long enough for someone to come over. I want to go to my grandmas she at least CARES about if I run away. I got the idea now. "C'mon Hemmingway we are gonna go to grandmas house." I said. He lead the way and we got to her house.

"Oh Pete why are you here with the dog?" She asked. "We ran away." I said walking to her step. "Pete you know that your dad is gonna be worried. " Well you didn't even say mom." I said looking down. "Can I just stay over here for a little bit?" I asked her. She took a deep sigh and nodded. I smiled and let Hemmingway chill out side. I smiled at her and she sighed. "Pete you know that you have to g home eventually." that stung that I have to go home to a mom that doesn't even care if I am home or not. "Mom doesn't even care if i am home or not." I said. "I know Petey." She said. I sighed and said that I ought to head home. She kissed my head and sent me off. "That went good now didn't it?" I said annoyed.

I sighed and wishes I would get kidnapped for something. I heard someone yell my name. I looked around and it was Andy, Joe, and Patrick! I smiled and ran to them. "Dude where is your mom?'' Andy asked. "She basically hates me." I said. "Well when we were there she acted like you were wonderful to her." Patrick said. "Yeah when you were around and now she hates me because we kissed." I said. "WHAT NOW." Joe and Andy yelled. "Yeah we kissed is that bad?" Patrick said. We might be small but god we are full of words. They shook their heads and I smiled.

"Well my dad isn't happy with me." Patrick said. "Well maybe it is because your mom likes his dad!" Joe yelled. "My mom is married why would you ever say that?" I asked. "Just a guess don't kill me." He said. Wanna walk with me home?" I asked. They nodded and we ran home with my Sig running beside of us. I got to my doorstep and I opened the door and I heard moaning. "Yeah its a bad time for all of us." I said shutting the door. "Well what are we gonna do?" I asked. "Well first I wonder what she is doing." Patrick said running to the window. "Patrick don't blame us if youare scarred." Joe said. I got up there too and saw my mom. "OH MY GOD." I said jumping down. "That is not who I think it is." I said pacing. "Holy smokes that is my dad!" Patrick said staring at them. "Patrick Stump get your butt down here." Andy yelled. He finally got down and walked to me. "Well that is your mom and my dad." Patrick said. My mom is cheating on my dad for Patrick's dad.

Patrick's POV

I do not know what I saw but it was not nice. They had no clothes on. I will be scarred probably when I find out what the real reason is. We heard a car door close and there is Pete's dad. "DAD MOM IS CHEATING ON YOU." He yelled dragging him to the window. He looked through it and his face changed so bad. He walked to the door and made sure the windows were locked from the outside. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH MY WIFE!?" He yelled at my dad. I ran outside and they followed me. "Patrick he deserves yo get his butt kicked." Andy said. I sighed and Pete hugged me.

"My mom is the reason for your dad going to get beaten up. I'm sorry." He said. I shrugged and hugged him back. "I am just gonna leave you two alone. Come on Andy." Joe said dragging him. "Pete can we go somewhere else?" I asked. He nodded and we walked along the road to the mall that was down the road. I never liked the mall but it has toys and candy. What more could we ask for? I got in there first and Pete smiled at me. "So what are we gonna do first?" I asked him. "We have no money." He said.

I am a sneaky kid so I got my dad's card when he wasn't looking and I know what his number is because I have seen him enter it a lot. He gaped at what I had. "Patrick we are kids no one is going to believe us if we use that!" He said. He is such a negative dude. I nodded and tossed it to him. "What?" He asked. "You are taller than me. They will believe you more." I said. He shrugged and walked to the first store. I saw a store called "Hot Topic" I ran in there and it was weird. But it looked cool. They had bands called My Chemical Romance, Peirce The Veil, and Blood on the Dance Floor.

I dragged Pete there and he shook his head. "Really Patrick you are really looking at this." He said. "Who knows one day we might be singing this kind of things. If I could sing." I said. "Pshh...You can sing. I haven't heard you sing before though." He said. "Exactly." I said. "Oh you can sing Patrick you just don't want to sing in front of me." He said. I nodded and he dragged me out of the store. "Come on we are gonna get some candy." He said. I nodded and we got to the one candy store in the whole mall. "Come on pick out something. Or I won't pick out anything." He said. I nodded and got some candy. I wonder if my dad will be mad. Hope not.