Chapter 24

*I've got those jet pack blues...*

Pete's POV

I think my heart just broke into a million pecies. I walked away saying that it was not true and I would wake up in a minute and know that this is not real. Patrick walked to me and looked at me. "Let me make you know that this is real." He said pinching my arm. I jumped and rubbed my arm. "This is real Pete! Hemingway is dead!" He yelled. I finally let it all soak in on me. He is really gone and it hurts. I nodded and my throat was tight and I could not find the right words to say about any of this.

He said that we needed to get back to bed. I nodded and walked in the bedroom with him. "I am sorry I pinched you but it was that or me slapping you and I do not think you would want that." He said. I nodded and said it was fine and all I needed to do was accept that he was gone and I needed to move on. "I am happy that you are taking this okay I thought that you would still be in hysterics right now." Patrick said. I shrugged and smiled at the I guess you could say good words

It just makes me feel so odd that he is gone and that was the only part of my old family I had. I remember the day my dad brought him home from work and since then we were best friends. I know that is a bit much to call a dog my best friend but he did help me get through in the worst of times. I laied my head on Patrick's chest and asked him if we were going to do anything today. He shrugged and got his phone and said that we might need to go to hell.

"That is a nice way of saying that we need to go to school." I said. He nodded and put his phone back on the table. "I am wide awake now." He said putting one arm over his eyes. "Sorry." I said looking sad. He shrugged and smiled. "I don't think we are going to go anywhere today." I said smiling. He nodded and kissed me quick. "We don't kiss as often as I would like." I said. "Well how often would you want to kiss me?" Patrick asked smiling. "Well..." I said thinking then I just kissed him.

"Do not pull back." I said and kissed him some more. He smiled and then I got back. "Do you really think that we would have kissed for that long or what?" I asked. He sighed and stared at the ceiling. "I like this whole dating you thing. I never want you to leave me." I said trying to find his hand but failing really bad. He found out what I was doing and then he grabbed my hand. "You are cute and I love you." I said. "Love you too Pete." He said smiling and kissed me long again and then we fell asleep.

*TIME SKIP TO VALENTINES DAY BECAUSE WHY NOT*

Patrick's POV

I woke up and looked around and Pete was not there. Today was Valentine's day and I am kinda worried about what he is going to get me. This is Pete we are talking about here. It might just be me that is talking about him but whatever. I got up and blindly grabbed my phone and it was around nine. It is a shock that Pete has even bothered to get out of bed today. We have done really good when it comes to going to school and I am really happy that we have been doing this good.

"Now where the hell can he be?" I asked myself and looked around to see if he left anything. He is good and he did not leave anything. I got something for me to eat and then my phone was ringing. It said that it was Pete. "Pete where the hell are you?" I asked probably sounding a bit harsher than expected. "Going out shopping you overprotetive boyfriend." He said and laughed a little. "Oh shut up I just woke up." I said walking around.

"Well that is good don't eat anything!" He yelled. I froze and looked around. "You ate something didn't you." He said. I sighed and said that I did. "Patrick really?" He asked. "How was I supposed to know that I was not supposed to eat anything?" I asked getting up dumping the rest of my food in the trash can. "Thought I left a message on your phone!" He said. I opened up my messages and there it was the text message telling me not to eat anything. Okay he might have told me.