Chapter 7

Pete's POV

"Pete, I do not want to see my mom." He said. "Why?!" I asked him wondering what the fuck is his issue. "Look Pete let's not worry about it." He said. "Patrick you love your mom. Why do you not want to go and see about her? Can we at least go out and get something to eat for dinner later?" I asked. I know that is bad to ask right then but that might get his mind on something else. "I don't know." He said. "Well I am not going to starve and you are going to come with me." I said. "Pete." He said. I looked at him like I was going to expect that he was going to tell me what was up. "M-My...my mom is cheating." He said.

"The fuck?! With who?!" I yelled then I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. "I hope that it is not who I think it is." I said. He shrugged and I sighed deeply. "It is him isn't it?" I asked. He nodded. How did he know all of this stuff and I have no idea about this. "Come on we are going to go somewhere." I said grabbing him by the hand. "Where are we going to go?" He asked. "To the only grown up that actually gives a shit about us." I said while we were walking out the door. "Who is?" He asked. "My grandma now shut it." I said walking to my house to grab Hemingway.

"Now let's go." I said leading the way. We got to her house and the first question that was asked was "Why aren't you home with your dad and with a friend?" I told her all that happend and since she is on my dad's side of the family she said that she has the right to get him good. I smiled and Patrick said that we were kinda stuck with eachother and Hemingway. She nodded and smiled. "We were going to go and get some food later is that okay?" I asked her. She ndoded and said that we don't have to ask her if it is okay if we can go get some food. Though she does get that we were trying to be nice.

She said to me that Patrick looked cute. Boy does he ever. She knows that I am gay for him. That is something good. Right? Of course it is most grandmas are sweet and old and do not try to kill you or make you feel like shit. "So I got a good guess on where you both are going to be sleeping?" She asked. We nodded and she smiled. "Now don't do anything bad." She said. I blushed deep that she actually would say that. Patrick looked at me and laughed. "Shut up." I told him. I grabbed his arm and took him to the guest room. "This place is kinda big." He said. I nodded and was looking around the room. "The last time I spent the night here was when I was afraid of some monsters and I ran to her room." I said telling him the embarrassing story. He laughed at me. "So you seriously thought they were under your bed?" He said in between laughs.

"You dick. You better be lucky I actually told you." I said. He shrugged and sat on the bed. "Wait...where is your grandpa?" He asked. "He died..." I said taking a shaky breath. "Oh..." Was all that he could say. "It's not that big of a deal." I said. Well that was the biggest lie I could ever say.

Yeah I do miss him.

Patrick's POV

I am not that dumb. He really thinks I am going to believe him. I shook my head and he glared at me. Yeah he is not mad at all. "Pete tell me are you mad thast he is gone or what?" I asked him. "Patrick I am not mad why don't you fucking drop it!" He yelled. "Okay then when you are going to stop being so pissed let me know." I said walking out. "What happened?" His grandma asked. "Um somethings. Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

She nodded and moved over so I could sit next to her. "What happened to Pete's grandfather?" I asked her. She breathed heavy and faced me. "He died of old age but he was the best thing that Pete could ask for. His dad was horrible obviously so he was always running away to here and he was the one that helped him. Yes I did my best to help him but he was the man so he can understand him better. Pete was devastated and he was shocked that he died. He was kind of young when he died." She said.

I cannot believe that I had to push him to this limit and he got mad at me. If I had just stayed out of it nothing would have happened. if I didn't ask him. He got mad and it was my fault but it is also good that he is so mad at me because I wouldn't have asked her. I sighed deep and nodded. "Thanks for telling me by the way." I said walking out. She nodded and sent me out.

I walked up the stairs hoping that he is not going to kill me. I walked through the door and he was laying on the bed asleep. I laughed a little and went down staris and told her that he went to sleep. "Well he needs to get up and get something to eat." She said getting up. I let her by and she tried to wake him up. He groaned low and I shook my head. "Pete get up you know that you need to eat some food." She said.

He sat up and rubbed his head. "What is wrong with your head?" She asked him. He shook his head looked down. Dear lord he didn't even do anything so who knows what he got into. Yeah that makes sense I know it does.