Chapter 4

Patrick's POV

"Hey why don't we go on to the park?" I asked. "I went there with Hemingway but whatever." He said walking with me there. We are both happy now. I am scares still inside but Pete is happy. So am I. I got to the swings and Pete got there with me. "I cannot wait till I grow up." I said. "Why? Being a kid is cool. You don't get in trouble a lot because the excuse is that we are kids." He said swinging a little.

I nodded and was just sitting on the swing. "What's wrong?" He asked me smiling. "Will we still be friends when we grow up?" I asked. "Sure we will." He said and we stayed there all night.

~Fast forward about 9 years later~

I was sitting with Patrick on the stairs of our school. Today was our first day of eighth grade. We aren't nervous at all. "I'm a little nervous." Patrick said looking at his schedule. Never mind. "Well we have lunch together." I said hugging him comfortly. He hugged me back and then we heard the bell ring. "I will see you in the halls because guess who's locker is right next to yours?" I asked showing him out locker numbers. "No way. I am 693 and you are 695!" He said getting happy. I nodded and he was happy. "But I got fucking gym this semester." He said getting nervous. "You are gonna be okay." I said. He nodded and grabbed his backpack. When we walked in the school we were attacked by Joe and Andy. "Guys calm down we saw each other all the time this summer!" I yelled pushing them off. "Please say one of you have gym." Patrick said. They nodded and showed us their schedules. They both had gym with Patrick this semester.

"Well we gotta go there now." Andy said dragging them off. Patrick waved at me and I was nervous. About the bitches.

Patrick's POV

Me being self conscious is not helping me being in gym with shorts and other people there. Looking at me. "Patrick don't worry we will be with you the whole time." Andy said smiling. I nodded and we stood there waiting for the coach to tell us to go and change. "Go on people." He yelled pushing them along. I walked to the locker room and Andy had a firm grip on my shoulder. "Do you know what Pete has?" Joe asked. I nodded. "He has art." I said. We all took a deep sigh and pushed through the doors.

All the guys were staring at us. Mainly me. "Why are these fags in here?" One guy asked. Ooh yeah Andy and Joe are gay. Surprise. "Well that is funny where are they?" Andy asked trying his best to be brave. When people say that they are the schools bitches you really think that they are kidding? I sighed and ran into one of the stalls. I wanna hide in here the whole time. "Ooh the little baby isn't wanting to come out? What a pussy." One of the guys yelled and walked out. "Is everyone gone?" I asked hoping that Joe and Andy haven't left.

"Yeah they are gone. Why don't we just ditch I heard that they are going outside." Andy said barging in. I nodded and Joe was keeping watch. When Joe came back he said that they were outside. We snuck out and walked across the gym. What makes anyone think that Pete is gonna skip out on art class. He is wanting some tattoos when he gets older so that is gonna help with his drawing and creating things. Maybe give him some ideas. We walked down some random hall and we sat against the wall. "I don't wanna be out here. Can we go back to the locker room because we are not exactly skipping we are in the gym. Just not participating.

I am so gonna fail this class this semester. About 45 minutes later we let out and we ran across the gym as fast as we could before we got caught. I am not the best runner so I just made it. Pete was not out yet. God I bet he has one of those teachers who dismisses them herself and not the bell. Pete walked out happy as ever. "So how was you guys first day of gym?" He asked. "HORRIBLE." We all yelled. He sighed and watched the biggest bitch Brendon walk out of the gym with Dallon and Ryan. He glared at them and he got the exact same look back.

He looked like he could rip their heads off in one swipe. The gym teacher was coming out and we ran off dragging Pete with us. "Why are you avoiding him?'' Pete asked. " We might have skipped his class today." I said. "WHAT THE HELL." He said. We looked worried at him and he sighed. "Guys I begged for them not to put me in his class because of that!" He yelled. We took a sharp breath in and he said that he has him for his second semester last year and he hates him still. I wonder why! He's a bitch just like Brendon. Wait...Coach Urie...BRENDON URIE. "Is Brendon related to the coach?" I asked. He nodded like I was supposed to know that.

This is gonna be a horrible nine weeks.