Chapter 23

*YAY FOR AMERICAN BEAUTY/ AMERICAN PSYCHO TODAY!*

Patrick's POV

I got up and saw that Pete was still asleep but his arm was around me. I shrugged out of his grip and he turned over and was still asleep. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I took a glance at the mirror. My hair was a mess and I just looked terrible. How do people in the movies look so good when they wake up amazes me more than anyone. I ruffled my hair a bit and trying to get it into a decent form and I looked back out and Pete was still asleep. You cannot wake him up for nothing.

I walked back out and sat next to him. "Morning Patrick." He said nuzzling his nose in my neck. "It is not morning it is about 5 in the morning" I said shaking my head. "Why did ya wake up?" He asked. I told him that I just woke up. "Alright are you going to go back to sleep?" He asked. I shrugged and laied my head on his shoulder. "This is a weird life you know that?" I asked. "Weird is good Patrick. Weird is better than normal. Do you know how badly it would suck if this world was normal?" He asked looking at the ceiling.

I shrugged and said that I guess it would be pretty bad. He nodded and put an arm around me. "I would probably be lost somwhere if you were not here. Imagine if you were too much of a wreck that first day of school and your mom took you home and you would have not been there when I got my ass handed to me by Brendon." I said. I smiled remembering the day we met. It wasn't the best hello ever but it was good enough. I walked to go and get the laptop.

"Now what are you going to do shouldn't we be asleep or something?" He asked me. I shook my head. "I do not care what time it is and what we have to do later on today I am going to go on here." I said grabbing my earbuds. He shook his head and said to turn down the brightness. I nodded and did what he said. "Night Trick I am going to go to sleep though." He said rolling over and sleeping very quickly. I was just scrolling through all the music websites and was going on twitter.

Just my luck some people that go to my school actually follow me on here and they are talking about all the drama and shit that goes on in our school. Big mouths. Fucking big mouths. I rolled my eyes and just kept on looking on what was happening on there. Everyone was talking about new music and what else was going on in school that I do not care about. I finally gave up and fell back asleep.

~LATER ON~

"PATRICK WAKE UP!" Pete yelled. I got scared and fell off the bed. "There is no just telling me to wake up with you is there?" I asked getting up. "Why the hell are you waking me up anyways?" I asked still not seeing light outside. "Patrick this is serious!" He yelled helping me up. "What's up? Why are we awake?" I asked. "I heard some whining so I thought it was Hemingway!" He said grabbing my hand. I shook my head and smiled at him. "Shut up this is not funny I am scared!" He said turning on the light.

I walked with him and he looked like he was going to break down and cry any minute. We went to Hemingway's bed and sure enough it was him and he was whining and squirming and just not okay. Pete gasped and I grabbed ahold of him and dragged him back in our room. "Do not follow me Pete I mean it." I said walking back to where he was laying and dying. I sniffed and kneeled to get a better look at him. I cannot look at this for to much longer.

I walked off and looked at Pete and he buried his head in my shoulder. "Is he going to die or something?" He asked now full on crying in my shoulder. I do not want to hurt him this is the last thing that I want to do. I have no othr choice though. I nodded and rubbed his back getting ready for the rough rest of the night. He started to cry some more and the last thing I wanted him to do is get too worked up and have a panic attack. I calmed him down enough to go and check on Hemingway.

I walked in there and saw that sure enough he did die...he was an old dog and Pete did know that this would have happened sooner or later. This is what I was so afraid of. He would be so sad about him gone. He was his only friend for a little bit of his life and that makes him happy. That makes me happy because he is happy. But now one of his major reasons to get up in the morning is now gone he is really going to be sad. I walked in there and he looked at me and tears were streaming down his face,

"Pete...he is dead." I said looking at him. "No. No no no no no." He said getting up and walking out of the way. He sighed and looked at one of his dead best friends. He dropped to his knees and rubbed his ear one last time. "I know he is in a better place now..." He said getting up and bawling into my shirt. I got him to our room and he was bawling still into my shirt. He said he was sorry when he found out that it was totally soaked. I shook my head and hugged him.

He finally calmed down and I made the decision that we are not going to go anywhere today. Maybe not for a little. Pete may be in school but his heart probably won't.

*Okay sorry that this is all Patrick's POV but I wrote this today and was wanting to upload this the same day that American Beauty/ American Psycho came out and yesss I did so anyways hope you all enjoyed it don't forget to give it a like comment share it with other people yadda yadda yadda byeee!*