Little Moments - FIN

Normal P.O.V.

After giving all the information they had gathered from Gren and Holly, the two Fables made it back to the Woodlands to give this information to Snow. She didn't even give us an order to go and check out the Pudding & Pie. What is she thinking? Sighing, she went onto the rooftop of The Woodlands and looked over at the city, wondering how she ended up in this town in the first place. Like many, she lost everything she had when she escaped the Homelands. Not that she had much to begin with but still left her with nothing like most of the other Fables. How the hell did I even end up here? Snapping out of her thoughts when a familiar hand started patting her head, she slowly turned around to see that Bigby was the one touching her which put a small smile on her face. The smell of cigarettes and cheap cologne filled her nose as his hand dropped down to stroke her cheek.

"You worry too much. Even if Vivian and Georgie somehow came back to life, what harm could they do to us? Vivian isn't much of a fighter and Georgie knows not to mess around with me." Bigby tried to calm her nervous which helped but she couldn't stop thinking about how they came back from the dead. Once a Fable is dead, they're dead for good. You can't bring them back. All of a sudden, a large explosion came from the side of The Woodlands. Shielding Y/n with his own body to make sure no drywall or bricks hit her, they looked in the direction of the explosion. Bigby saw a strange figure dashing away from the scene but before Bigby had a chance to stop them Y/n called out to him.

"Bigby, we have to help them! Colin, Toad and his son, and a few others can't make it out of there without help!" Y/n didn't even give Bigby a chance to respond before she dashed off to the side of the building to start helping everyone escape. Due to the explosion, parts of the building had started to catch fire and in time the entire building would come crumbling down. "Is that everyone?" She asked before she and Bigby heard a yell coming from the Business Office. "Bluebeard!"

"Fucking hell! That man has to screw up now of all times!?" Bigby cursed before seeing Y/n quickly climb up the walls of the building to reach her friend. "What the hell are you doing, Y/n?! Get back here!!" His words fell on deaf ears as Y/n entered the building, covering her mouth and nose so she didn't breathe in any of the smoke.

"Bluebeard!! Where are you!?" Y/n called out to her friend before hearing painful grunts and moans coming from the back of the office. Dashing over to him, the sight in front of her was enough to make her stop dead in her tracks. A large piece of wood impaled Bluebeard in the center of his stomach, causing him to be stuck to the wall behind him and unable to move without a large amount of pain to course through his body. Shaking her head, she ran over to him and tried yanking out the large piece of wood but all it did was cause more pain for the large man.

"Goddammit, woman!! Don't do that!" Bluebeard growled and shoved her off of the piece of wood.

"I'm trying to help you, asshole! Don't make me regret it!" Y/n snapped back at him before thinking of another solution. This place is going to fall on both of us at any minute! The walls around them started to fall apart due to the fire around them but kept from bringing the entire place down on them right away for now. "Help me snap this thing off!" She ordered, holding the front part of the wood in front of her as Bluebeard did that same. Using all of their strength, they were able to snap the piece of wood in front of him off and gently slide him off of the rest of it. "Let's go-!" As they both started running, her foot sank into the floorboards beneath her and became stuck. Feeling the building shake around them, she continued to try and free her leg but it just wouldn't budge.

"Come on, dammit! I'm not risking my life for some half-breed!!" Bluebeard sneered but showed no signs of leaving her anytime soon. Realizing there wasn't enough time, she just shook her head and kept trying to release her foot.