Chapter 32- Loyalty?

The journey back home was quiet, no interaction between Blue Eyes and Caesar. They rode beside each other and he looked occasionally at him.

Blue Eyes had a massive frown and furrowed his eyes forward, very disappointed with his father's actions. Clova also noticed this and remained quiet. The ride continued in complete and awkward silence.

           ____________________________________________________________________

The sun had set as everyone ate at the table, word got around of Caesar and Koba's outburst earlier some were disappointed with Koba and avoided him, some sided with him and assisted him in his fiendish scheme. 

The Royal Family sat in silence aside from Cornelia, who still lay in bed recovering. Caesar looked over to his eldest, he didn't even touch his food, he knew Koba was slowly luring him into a dark, sinister side and was being easily influenced. He lightly tapped his shoulder and Blue Eyes looked at him blankly. 

"You are my son,", Blue Eyes huffed knowing where the conversation was headed. "I need you to listen-", He was cut off when Blue Eyes rolled his eyes and tossed his food on the ground, he walked off into his usual corner and threw sticks into the small pit fire angrily. 

Caesar looked down, he didn't know how to cope with Blue Eyes, he was never like that when he was his age at least he thought he wasn't. Clova also felt for her father and Blue Eyes wasn't making it any easier, with their mother sick, Koba's jealous rivalry and not to mention the humans, the whole situation was chaotic. She placed her food down and rubbed his hand.

"It will be fine.", Caesar smiled at her positive reassurance.

When the apes had finished their dinner, Clova wandered around and was about to head to Blossom's house when she turned the corner and spotted her brother. He still sat in the same spot twisting and snapping twigs. It was his way of relieving stress and frustration, Clova was about to approach him when she backed up. Koba had walked by and sat with him. She eyed his face, his recent bruises from the fight had been cleaned and dressed.

"Ugh, he's still ugly, inside and out.", she thought bitterly. She moved a bit closer but tried to stay out of sight to hear what they were saying. Koba had a regretful look on his face as he signed to Blue Eyes.

"Your father doesn't trust me now.", he signed sadly. Blue Eyes looked at him in pity.

"Why does he pity him?", she thought angrily. "He fought father!"

"You need to protect him.", he continued. By now, Clova was fuming, her ears were red and hot, she just wanted to march over there and give him a good screaming at. "His love for humans," Clova heard him growl when he signed that word.

"Has made him blind." Her eye twitched rapidly and she clenched her fists so hard you could see her knuckles turn white. 

"How! Dare! He!", she was about to go full ape crazy on his butt. Blue Eyes raised his hands.

"I know."

 Clova's mouth dropped to the floor. Her own brother, well, maybe not 'brother' anymore, hearing how he's talking about humans like this, she was almost on the verge on tears. How can he be so against father, after all he's done for him and out of all the apes, out of every single one- he had to trust and listen to Koba. It doesn't make sense.

Koba looked to Blue Eyes and patted his shoulder. "You need to protect him.", Clova had heard enough. 

"Cause with the humans here...I fear for Caesar's life."

"That's it!"

In a split second, Clova bolted home trying to keep her tears in. She dashed up the stairs and into her room, she huffed and puffed filled with rage. She just wanted to smash or break something, anything she could get her hands on. Before she could wreck anything, a soft knock was heard on her door, behind the door was surprisingly, Cornelius. His big round eyes filled with concern and worry.

"Are you okay? I saw you come in, looking angry.", he signed. Clova scooped up her brother, it wasn't as easy since he was getting bigger and heavier, he was a bit taller than some of his classmates. They both sat on her weaven bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine little bro.", Cornelius scanned her face. 

"You don't look fine.", Clova smiled, he can be so sweet sometimes but can ask so many questions its unbelievable and wont drop the matter until he has a satisfied answer.

"Trust me, I'm fine.", she signed back, trying to convince him. She thought of something to change the subject.

"How's mother?"

"Mother's doing much better!", he signed gleefully. "She can move around a bit but can't stand on her own yet.", this was music to her ears. 

He cooed softly."I don't think humans are bad."

 She smiled at him, that was so sweet of him to say. "Well, not all of them." He emphasised the word 'all' , remembering Carver's attack on him the other day, she chuckled not surprised that he was still angry. 

"Come on, let's go check on mother.", the two walked out of the room and into Cornelia's, they rested with her the entire night.