-Arena-

Max's pov:

I was at the meeting spot and waste a day already waiting, Death must have been sent out really far from here.

I sighed and pulled out the one matchstick and the single dice I have on me, I did end up having a run in with one of the fire blessed people, I got one of his attributes but unfortunately he got one of mine too so nothing changed.

he ran away from me when I summoned my sword and chased him, I guess he never learnt to do this, I ran through a wall of fire before I could stop myself so I had a few burns and lost his tracks in panic.

I put the attributes away and snuck around one ruined house's walls, trying to be as silent as I could since I was currently hiding from one of the many creatures inhabiting the arena specifically put there to slow our progress I held my breath and froze when I heard its long and slow strides.

my back was pressed against the wall in silence, I was lucky the creature had poor sight and that the ruins were blackened by time and dirt from use so my armour made me melt in to the wall a bit, I had tried to blast it with my shadows but it did nothing but anger it.

I glanced out from behind the wall, it was sniffing the ground close by, I gulped and sent a blast at the sink of one of the broken down houses and it exploded making a fountain of water come out of it.

the creature snapped its head towards it and made a horrible screeching noise, running over and impaling the sink with its from arm-like body parts.

I put my powers in summoning what was a complete black gimmick of my sword because I was a bit terrified of the creature and was unable to do more then this.

I quietly walked closer and brought my arms up with the weapon but its head snapped to me before I could move to cut it off and rammed it in to me stomach, sending me to the ground.

I flipped on my back and caught the front arm thingies with my head and shoved my foot against its head as it tried to bite and claw at me.

I kicked it hard over where a human's noise would be, making it back away with a screech, shaking its head, I hurried the reach backwards for my dropped sword before it could strike again.

I whipped around and it launched and I felt a shock go through my arms but nothing more, I cracked my eyes open to see the sword sticking through its mouth and through the back of its head, if I was just a bit slower I'd have died.

it started to collapse and I tried to pull away from under it.

"shit!" I yelled, I heard no crack luckily but it had trapped on off my legs under its heavy body, hurting me purely with its weight, I tried kicking and shoving it away with my other leg but it didn't budge. "come on move!!" I yelled, pulling my sword out and stab into its body to cut my leg out.

"look at that! what we have here?"

I picked my eyes away from my work and glanced up the body clad in blue armour, shit water is never good.

I threw out my left hand, shadow slapping him away and I tried to trap him in his own shadow but he had already jumped aside before I could, too jumpy, I tried to use the creatures shadow but from my position I cannot give a strong enough shove to get it off.

I brought my sword up, blocking a spearhead coming at my face, I tried to cut the creature but the skin was solid enough that only my stabs had to sink into its flesh, the cut barely leaving a mark, why do they use almost unstoppable creatures in the games!?!?

"I admit it, you still a fighting spirit that is still intact even in the state but I w--" and an old pan hit the side of his head, completely shifting the mood from urgent to a bit comical.

"what the---" three more pans hit him in quick succession.

"seriously dude?!" I yelled and deadpanned when I saw it was Death throwing all the pans and that she had at least twenty pilled up next to her... at least she finally got here so she couldn't have been that far.... or she was just really quick.

"stop---thro--wing--fu---cking--- pans---" the boy cut himself off each time a pan hit him, pissing him off more.

"I'll end you!" he yelled while Death made all the remaining pans float with her powers and made them rain down upon the boy all at the same time, flying through the air like oversized bullets.

"you really.... took out someone.... with pans" I sweat dropped as I said that she jogged over to him and took the two little plastic vials with water in them from his pockets and sparked the 'I give up' patch of his armour so people could come get him.

"what can I say? pans are the more dangerous weapon alive and you don't need prior training to know how to hit someone with one of them..... and then I am here with 30 pans, a death wish if you ask me" she chuckled, all casual.

"fine and now help me get this thing off me"

she came to my side and pushed on the  body, along with her help we just barely pushed it so we did the next best thing and she helped me yank my leg out from under it, that too around 20 minutes but I was free in the end.

"finally! thank you" I shook my leg to get some of the feeling back in it.

"you're welcome, it's my job"

"not really, your job is to kill me"

"sssssssssh this is my job" she shushed me making me chuckle and shake my head at her.

"lets set up camp here for the night since sun should set soon and you must be out of it" I said as she yawned as if to prove what I was saying.

"yeah, I came up in the sector 1 so the complete opposite of this one, don't worry I didn't go through the middle but passed right next to it"

we spent a few minutes gathering sticks and bigger wood, we had no way to make a fire outside of the old rubbing sticks together method so that took a while but we had a fire in the end.

"we'll need to find food soon, the sinks in these rubbles still work so we have water" I said and she nodded, we sat in what was left of a corner of a house, shoulder to shoulder and back to the wall so no one could attack us from behind.

"okay" she whispered and I looked at her, eyes half closed as she grabbed my hand and held it with her head on my shoulder, I simply smiled and didn't do anything about it.

I was staring up at the stares in the sky, the stars where pretty.

I looked over at Death, brushing her hair out of her face and put the strands of hair behind her ear, she looked so calm right now.

I kissed her forehead, right over the headpiece protection making her smile a bit in her sleep while I sighed with a small frown.

I'm a mere mortal... what am I even trying to do with an eternal being? it would only lead to pain, I would change throughout the years while she remained the same.... and then the time would come when she can't do anything to keep me alive... I... I will still tell her how I feel after we win this because we are going to win..... I promise.

I lead my head against hers with a sigh, falling asleep with the only sounds of the popping of wood disturbing the silence.