Chapter Nine✔️

Chapter Nine: What An Idiot!

AALIYAH smiled at the man in front of her. He had to have been in his late thirties, early forties. He had been eyeing her and Snow for quite some time since the party had started.

"Are the girls as beautiful as you?" he asked, looking at the two.

Nodding, Aaliyah looked at Snow. "I'm sure of it," she responded politely.

"Trust me, they're true prizes," Snow spoke up. "You're in for a treat."

He nodded, sipping from his drink before looking at Snow. "Are you two part of the special deal, Mr. Vanderwaal has got going on?" he questioned, gently biting his bottom lip.

Snow looked at Aaliyah, surprised, not entirely sure how to answer the question. She couldn't remember what Lucas had told them to say when they came across questions they weren't sure the answer to.

It didn't help that Aaliyah couldn't exactly remember what to do either. "I doubt that we are, but why not go ask Mr. Vanderwaal," Aaliyah said quickly, saying the first thing that came to mind.

It sounds reasonable enough. That should do it for now.

"Very well," he nodded, looking at them pleased. "I'll go find Mr. Vanderwaal on that note and see what he has to say about this. I am most definitely interested."

"And, and so am I?" a woman spoke up with a polite smile on her face. "I think my husband would love you two. An amazing treat to spice things up," she said, looking at them. "Where's Mr. Vanderwaal?" she asked before they both walked away.

"What did we just do?" Aaliyah asked, turning to Snow.

"We haven't been doing this a whole hour and we're already screwing up." Snow sighed, sitting down in the nearest chair, Aaliyah copying her actions.

All night, all they could think about was Kolson being dragged away from them by her hair and probably to never show her face around there again. Aaliyah's heart ached for her best friend. The guilt she felt was inexplicable.

"We could have done something."

Nothing, there was nothing you could do without endangering yourself. Focus on tonight and surviving.

Aaliyah internally groaned, wanting nothing more than to scream "Help!" at the top of her lungs, but who would help? They're all gathered for one purpose.

"So what now?" Aaliyah mumbled, looking around the room.

"Now, you get your asses up and do your job." Aaliyah and Snow immediately stood, turning to see Lucas standing behind them with his hands in his pockets. They watched him carefully, noting he had cleaned up well. Especially considering Kolson had almost broken his nose.

"We're sorry, we didn't-"

"I don't care, do your job before I get rid of you too," he interrupted, glaring at the girls.

"Yes sir," they both nodded before scurrying off into the crowd.

Lucas stood there, sniffling and gently wiping his nose. Every now and then a few droplets of blood would drip from his nose. And because of that, his choice of outfit was a red corduroy Polo suit.

He watched his guests quietly, never more wanting them to leave than now. "Nice suit," someone complimented, approaching him.

"Thanks," he mumbled, walking away.

The entire night, he sat and watched Aaliyah and Snow do everything in their power to please him. The high he got from being so powerful. He watched their every move. Every smile, laugh, giggle, lip bite, eye contact they made with each other.