Chapter Sixteen✔️

Chapter Sixteen: Over The Railing

NATHANIEL and Aaliyah stood, staring at each other from across the room. It was like their eyes were deceiving each other and they couldn't exactly find a way to make sense of everything.

Killian stood staring at the two and the longer they looked at each other, the more it pained him to watch it. The girl he wanted he was losing to his best friend. Could life get any better or was everything supposed to just roll down hill from there?

"Khaiyon," she whispered again, staring at him in disbelief.

"Aaliyah," he mumbled, slowly approaching her. "Hey."

She couldn't think of anything to say to him. She had practiced her lines over and over in her bedroom, in the shower, on the road, almost anywhere possible. She had imagined that moment a million times for months and it was finally there and all she could do was stand there and stare at him.

Everyone else stood around silently, watching the two. Before anything else could happen, Aaliyah jumped into his arms. They immediately wrapped around her, surrounding her in safety and comfort. Her arms roped his neck tightly as she buried her face into his skin and breathed in his scent.

"You're so warm," he whispered into her ear, feeling her body melt into his, becoming one with him. She pulled away and looked into his bright brown eyes. Immediately, she pressed her lips against his and he did nothing to object the kiss, holding her tighter than he ever had held anyone before.

Martavius picked his head up, looking at the two. He knew it wouldn't be too long before his friend was finally happy. He was just relieved the wait was finally over.

His friend had dreamed of that moment for so long. It was finally happening.

The two pulled away and he sat her down, looking down at her. She stared at him before wrapping her arms around his torso and hugging him again. It was like she couldn't go a second without touching him. He returned it happily.

He couldn't take it any longer. Killian stood up abruptly and left without saying a thing. Aaliyah turned and watched him disappear out of the room. "Should you-"

"No," he shook his head, grabbing her hands and holding her tightly. "You and me," he whispered, shaking his head. "Me and you."

She closed her eyes upon hearing him confess his words. She had waited so long to hear those words and not see them. Nodding, she gently bit her bottom lip. "What are you doing here?" she asked, looking at him.

He cleared his throat, looking at his friends. "I live here."

She turned and looked at Martavius and then Jahmez, and then Jaylon. Then, she turned back to Nathaniel. "Did you bring me here?" she asked, backing away from him.

"What? No!" he demanded. "I didn't know that you were here. I didn't even know when you left. I-" He fell silent before turning and looking at his friends. "Guys, can you?" he asked, nodding towards the door.

They all left the room silently. She looked at him quietly, unsure of what to say to him. She was beginning to think it was his plan all along.

He would never do that. Don't put it in your head.

"I texted you every day after you disappeared," he explained, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "I never stopped texting you, Aaliyah."

He shoved the screen in her face, showing off the messages. She grabbed the tiny device and read each message slowly, but carefully.

She read how he was worrying and how he needed her to respond quickly and to let him know she was fine. He begged her to text him and tell him she was fine. All he wanted was one reply.