Chapter Eleven✔️

Chapter Eleven: Upstairs, Now!

EVERY vein in his neck bulged from his skin. Are you fucking kidding me?" Nathaniel bellowed, glaring at the man. "I gave you four and a half million dollars for a fucking product you can't fucking deliver? Where the fuck is she?"

Lucas stood still in place, never more intimidated and ashamed of himself before. Never in his life had anything like this happened to him before. Not even in his beginning stages.

He learned the ropes faster than most and by the age of 19 everyone went to him. He was the prince of the system. And not only was he losing his place to a 17 year old, but now he was royaly screwing up his own business. "Look-"

"No, you listen," Nathaniel interrupted. "Normally, I wouldn't give a shit about a girl that can easily be replaced but when you're talking millions here and I don't have what I paid for, we have a fucking problem. Where could she have possibly gone?"

He wanted so desperately to give him an answer. A legitimate answer, but what could he say? What excuse could he possibly have as to how he lost millions of dollars? He honestly didn't know where she was. He didn't even know what to say to him.

A young, spoiled ass brat has me fucking cornered with power and authority like I haven't been working this shit, damn near my entire fucking life.

"I don't know," he mumbled, looking down at his phone, hoping he would get some kind of message of the girls' whereabouts.

No message came through to save him.

"You don't know," he repeated, looking at the older man in disgust. "What business are you running?" he asked with a sinister laugh. "Aren't you supposed to have years of experience with this shit?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

It was one thing that he had messed up and gave the young boy a chance to frown upon him, but ridiculing him was not on his list and he wouldn't stand for it a second longer.

Nathaniel's time in the spotlight was over.

"Don't question me and my power," Lucas demanded, glaring at the young boy before him. "I have a pretty fucking good idea on how to handle my business. I've got this shit down and I know it like the back of my fucking hand. You will never hold competition to my title. I am the mother fucking King here."

"And I'm the mother fucking prince with the last name of King. The next heir to the throne. This is a fucking hierarchy and you're not in line. You can bow down to me, now."

Lucas shut his mouth, not sure what to say. He knew he was treading on thin ice, but he had to at least stand up for himself if not anything else. He at least owed that to his manhood. Right? "We're just experiencing an unfortunate mishap at the moment," he spoke quietly and calmly.

"And your mishap just so happens to be one of the most expensive deals you've ever made, huh?" he asked, tilting his head and looking at him through his thick curls. He's waited a long time to finally put Lucas Vanderwaal in his place. Although, he was losing money, it was the perfect way to shut him down.

Lucas cleared his throat uncomfortably. "We'll find her."

"No fucking kidding you are!" he laughed, sitting down in the nearest chair he could find. He wanted what was his. "And if she so much as comes here with a single scratch, I'm keeping her and taking my money back. I don't pay for damaged goods and that's just that."

When Nathaniel was focusing on one thing, something else would intervene and demand his attention. The last thing he needed was a voided business deal.

An expensive business deal at that.

"Is there anything I can get you until we have something to lean on?" Lucas asked in a frustrated sigh.