Chapter Thirteen✔️

Chapter Thirteen: Please, Have A Seat

"HOW are you?" Aaliyah asked, tucking Snow's hair behind her ear. "Does it hurt?"

She chuckled, shaking her head. "Like hell, but hey, I'm still alive. What about you and that thing?" she asked, pointing to Aaliyah's leg.

"Surgery first thing when we got here. You too, did you know that?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Apparently, they have doctors here and they fixed us up just fine."

"You say that like you want to stay here."

"Absolutely not!" she demanded, shaking her head. "I don't want to be here just as much as the next person."

"Exact-"

"But," she sang, shaking her finger in her face. "We have to heal at least enough to be able to walk. Just putting weight on my leg hurts and I know you can't run with your busted ribs. You'll rip yourself wide open."

Snow sighed, looking at her. The last thing she wanted was for her friend to be worrying about her the entire time. She was perfectly capable of doing things herself.

Or so she thought.

She grabbed Aaliyah's finger and bent it. "Ow!" she grumbled, snatching her hand away.

Snow smirked, trying to sit up a little. "I'm not an injured little puppy. I'm more than capable of doing things on my own," she stated firmly. "I'm just fine."

Aaliyah narrowed her eyes at her. "Are you? Because I can barely get up by myself to go to the bathroom. I have to get assistance sometimes and I'm nowhere near as injured as you are. There's nothing wrong with admitting you could use a little help."

"Don't try to preach to the choir now," she grumbled. "I don't need it and you wouldn't want it either if I were trying to offer it."

She leaned back in her seat, away from the bed, looking at her. She took in her pale blond hair and dead like skin. "Okay, fair enough," Aaliyah mumbled. "That's the last thing I would want to hear too."

The two fell silent afterwards, not uttering a single word. Neither breathed aloud. A quiet knock sounded on the door, causing them to turn their heads to the doorway.

"Speaking of being immobile, I thought you guys would like a bit of mobility. That is, unless you don't want to be able to take a piss by yourself?" he said, whispering the last part to himself.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Don't ask, he won't know. He doesn't even know his own name," Snow grumbled underneath her breath.

Killian groaned, resisting the urge to bang his head against the wall. "Any fucking way, I brought something to help you guys get around. We're not going to keep you locked up here all day."

"Go on."

He glared at Snow before turning around. "Anyway, Aaliyah, this is for you," he stated, toting a pair of crutches in. "You met Martavius, right?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

She hadn't spoken to him since Lucas' place when he called her a few names he shouldn't have called her. "Yeah," she mumbled.

"Well, he'll help you learn how to use these. I'm assuming you've never broken your leg before." She shook her head.

Snow cleared her throat. "And what about me?"

"You'll learn how to crawl and throw yourself down the stairs," he stated, looking at her with a small smirk on his face.