Twenty Three

"People of the underworld, I come to you with great news!

I have found a new home for us all. One that does not reek of ash, smoke, and burning flesh.

It is called Earth. It's a beautiful place with many different creatures. Most do not mind our coming. However, there is one species that does.

They are called human kind. A league of lesser demons has been created to stop this plan from coming forth.

Join me, and together, we can defeat this league of demons and all of mankind, and we can take Earth as our own!"

All the demons roared. Mark whimpered inside Dark's head.

"Jack, where are you?"
                                          ....
Anti and the other demons began discussing a plan.

"So where exactly would Dark be?" Asked Reid. "We can't exactly go anywhere if we don't know where the main target is."

"That, I don't know." Anti sighed. "He's probably hidden somewhere I can't get to without using demon magic. It will be hidden well."

"Well he's gotta be somewhere. If he's trying to figure out a way to separate him and Mark, he's probably not going to be on Earth. He knows Anti is after him." Evan reasoned.

"But does he know of our existence?" Skyrah asked, a fearful look on her face.

"No, he doesn't." Anti immediately replied. Skyrah relaxed.

While this conversation went on, Reid and Alex were sitting together in the corner. Each of them were completely silent.

Reid broke the silence between them.

"Alex... do you ever hear her voice in your head? Amy's?"

Alex looked up at Reid. "Yeah, sometimes."

Reid looked around to make sure no one was listening to their conversation. "What does she say?"

Alex didn't respond for a long time. She seemed to be thinking.

"'Thank you.' She always says thank you."

The two of them fell silent once again. Reid began to listen to the conversation everyone else was having. Then he had an idea.

"What if I tried to link Mark's mind to Jack's? Mark could describe where he thinks they are and Jack could be the messenger."

Anti shook his head. "Don't you have to be close to each person to be able to link minds?"

Reid didn't know the answer to this question. "No, I don't think so."

Anti have a long sigh. He closed his eyes and his features began to change. The slit across his throat disappeared and he began to regain some of the color in his skin. When he opened his eyes, they were blue instead of electric green.

This was Jack.

"Oh my God..." Jack whimpered. He looked around at all the demons that were once his friends. He wanted to go back, back into his mind, where he could choose whether or not to see this. The demons even looked similar to his friends.

"Jack?"

Jack spun around and found the one that looked like Robin. He almost choked on the tears he was trying to hold back.

"My name is Reid. We're all trying to help Mark, but we need your help to find out where he is."

Jack looked around at the demons. He swallowed the bile that was rising and spoke in a shaky voice. "What do you need me to do?"

Reid gestured to a chair that was right across from who Jack assumed to have once been Amy. He took his seat beside her.

"Ok, I'm going to need you to close your eyes. Try not to think of anything to keep your mind empty."

Jack nodded and closed his eyes. Reid touched Jack's forehead and outstretched his other arm to the window.

Reid closed his eyes.
....
"Ok, you can open."

Jack opened his eyes to see nothing but dark, empty space. "Where the hell are we?"

Reid shushed him. "We're inside Mark's mind. You need to be quiet, otherwise Dark will hear us and kick us out before we can gather any information."

Jack nodded and the two of them went on their way. They walked for what seemed like an hour before they heard another voice.

"My name is Mark Fischbach... I'm from Hawaii... my dad died during my childhood, my mom is still living and works in Ohio... I have a brother named Thomas..." The murmuring went on.

"Mark..?"

The murmuring stopped. It was dead silent in the empty space.

"Mark where are you?"

Mark didn't respond for a lengthened period of time. The two kept walking until they began to see the outline of someone. Jack started running, Reid struggling to catch up. Jack finally got to the figure and hugged him tightly and reassuringly.

"...Jack?? How... why... what? How'd you get inside my mind?" Mark stammered.

"I'll explain later. Right now we need to know where Dark is."

"Dark..." Mark muttered. "The last I saw, he was talking to a bunch of other demons. The place was filled with smoke and fire was everywhere."

"The underworld..." Reid said under his breath.

Mark looked up. He scrambled backwards. "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?"

Jack shushed him. "This is Reid. He helped me get inside your mind."

The three heard a loud roar. It echoed around the big empty space.

"You need to get out of here, NOW." Mark hurriedly said. "I'll see you soon, right?"

Jack nodded. "Right."

After they disappeared and left Mark's mind, Jack remembered one thing that would echo in his head until they found Dark.

"Please don't forget about me..."
....
Jack and Reid opened their eyes.

"The underworld. That's where Dark is." Jack immediately answered all of the other demon's questions.

"Thank you, Jack." Reid replied. "You've done us all a huge favor."

Jack nodded. He closed his eyes and his features began to change again. Anti opened his eyes. He looked around at the other demons.

"Well what are we waiting for?

Let's go to the underworld and kick some ass."