Twenty Six

Dark continued on to Ohio, Mark screaming at him continually to stop.

Dark, why are you doing this to me? To my family??

To my friends???

Dark sighed. "I have to find a home for MY friends, Mark. I can't do that until I've wiped out all of human existence. As much as I hate your kind, I don't want my kind possessing anymore of your kind. That shit hurts not only you but us as well."

Mark stayed silent for a while.

What are you planning on doing to me?

Dark continued flying, ignoring Mark's question, knowing that if he answered he would be given hell.

Maybe, instead of telling the truth, he could...

Dark changed his mind. "I'm planning on you staying inside your own body, if that's what you mean. I'm not going to be doing any harm to you after this is all said and done.

Now please shut up, I have to concentrate on my flying. And if it makes you feel any better... I'm not killing your family. That was never my intention."

Mark stayed silent. Good riddance, Dark thought. He smiled evilly to himself.

I may not be killing them, but I'm doing so much worse.
                                         .........
Anti looked at all of his new friends. Each of them had a backpack with different supplies.

"Are we all ready?" Anti asked the group.

God, he felt like a mom.

Each demon nodded as they held hands and Evan closed his eyes as he concentrated. The other demons followed his lead and closed their eyes as well. They could feel themselves leaving the house where they had been tortured - and unknowingly spied on by Dark - to the eastern edge of a forest, where there was a big open plain full of luscious green grass and plants of all different kinds.

When they opened their eyes, they couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Thousands upon thousands of people had answered their videos and posts, and had set up tents. All of them were talking to one another, trying to figure out what was going on, showing off their new found powers, and making teams of friends.

Anti looked around and saw one particular person who looked very familiar. He told the others to wait for a moment and as they looked at him with confusion, he walked through the crowd, stopping at a girl whose back was turned.

She had blue tinted skin with dark blue hair, and appeared to have fingertips covered in frostbite. She was laughing at something someone in her group had said, and he saw a cat's head poking out of the bag that was on her back, staring at him.

The cat meowed, and the group looked over and gawked at Anti. The girl was the last to turn around.

And it was just then that Anti remembered.

"You... you're the girl that I saved from the car. Wasn't your name Kate?" Anti asked gently.

The girl timidly nodded. She looked unsure of who he was and what was going on.

Anti gave her a sad smile. "What is your name now?"

The girl bit her lip and looked to the ground, as if she were shying away from the question. She took a few deep breaths to collect herself and looked back up to Anti.

"Caitlin," the girl answered. The cat meowed again, and she added, "the cat's name is Mittens. She laughed sadly. "Kate wanted me to bring her cat."