Twenty Four

"Wait, guys..."

All the demons looked toward Alex. It was the first time she had addressed the group since the meeting started.

"Is this really a good idea? I mean... we aren't exactly an army. We're going up against thousands of other demons that are probably equal to us in power. If we go there with just us, there's a good chance that this entire mission is in vain.

And how do we know that Dark isn't spying on you, Anti, or on all of us? He could know exactly what we are doing and if we just waltz right in to the underworld....

It could be a trap."

The group was silent. No one had even thought about this. If they were to just walk in, it would be a suicide mission.

"There is one thing we can do..." Started Evan. "But it would involve putting a lot more lives in danger."

The group looked at him, questions in their eyes.

"Our human counterparts have big huge YouTube channels-" Evan looked at Tyrell. "-or Twitter accounts. The point is, people know our human counterparts, and they know them well. They're probably wondering where they are, as well.

What if we just asked each fanbase for help?"

Everyone was silent as they considered this suggestion.

"It WOULD put a ton of people in danger..." started Reid.

"But it's also the best chance we have." Anti finished, sighing.

"But guys... humans against demons? It'll still be a losing war for us.

If we are going to do this, we have to convince our fan bases to, for lack of a better way of saying it....

Unleash their inner demons." Skyrah finished.

Everyone was silent as each human screamed inside them. No one wanted to do this, not even the demons.

But if they were going to stand a chance against Dark and his army, then they were going to have to decide between a bad and a worse decision.

Reid sighed. "I guess it's what we have to do."
                                          ....
Kate looked at her phone right as the last bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. She sighed. Nothing from Jack, Mark, or anyone else.

After her encounter with Anti, she didn't say anything to anyone. Of course, her parents could tell that she was shaken. She just told them that a random stranger pushed her out of the way just before the car came racing towards her. They bought it, and it wasn't brought up again.

Kate had been worried ever since the encounter with Anti. She didn't even know Anti was a real entity until she saw him on the street-she thought Anti was just an online personality, like everyone else.

Her stress was showing. Her grades were slipping, she never talked to her friends, and she was always in her room at home, finishing homework and watching old YouTube videos by Mark, Jack, Felix, and Ethan. She'd also check Robin's account to see if there were any new animations, and she'd check Tyler's, Amy's, and Signe's social media.

For the last 2 months, none of them have posted anything. Both Mark and Jack's newest videos were from when they were telling the fanbase that they were taking a momentary hiatus. Everyone else though... just disappeared.