Famous Last Words

The next day, the group were back in the tour bus, racing the globe. When they stopped off at a local convenient store, everyone got out of the bus - everyone except Gerard and Frank.
"About what happened..." Gerard began, "I don't want there to be any hard feelings between us. You're my best friend, my number one dude. I love you, man."
Frank held his head in his hands and, unamused, nodded at Gerard's statement.
"Yeah. Best friends. Number one dudes." Frank agreed falsely, lighting a cigarette and passing it between his lips.
"Hey, dude. Looks like the guys need some help carrying the bags!" Gerard said to Frank, patting him on the back as if to suggest that he should come to help, and then he darted from the van and into the store. Frank hurriedly followed him, dropping his cigarette on an item of clothing as he went.

"Woah! Chocolate raisins! My favourite!" Frank's voiced echoed happily throughout the store as he peered into one of the bags.
"Yeah, dude. We know they're your favourite so we picked them up. And because they remind you of Jersey. Speaking of Jersey, we got some packets of beef jerky... you know, 'cos they sound alike. Jerky, Jersey." Mikey said, giggling at his own joke.
"Aww. That was such a cute attempt!" said Ray patronisingly, messing up Mikey's hair with his hand.
"I'll start loading the van." Gerard said, lifting some bags and leaving the store.
The other guys prepared to lift the other bags so that they could follow on, until a distressed Gerard came speedily sprinting back to the store in a state of panic. His face was flushed, and his shoulders were shooting up and down due to heavy breathing.
"Dude, whats up?" Bob asked, as the guys edged closer to Gerard, attempting to comfort him but also requiring answers.
"The van." Gerard said.
"What about the van, Gee?" Ray questioned in a serious tone of voice.
"It's... it's..." he stuttered, trying to force the words out but it was hopeless; he had almost frozen solid. "On fire."
"On fire?!" yelled Frank.
"ON FIRE!" screamed Gerard.
The rest of the gang couldn't move, it was like they were superglued to the floor. They felt the heat and rage from the van hitting them, stinging their eyes, but they couldn't do anything about it.
Finally, Ray was able to take charge and got the group to run to the back of the store where they were out of harm, whilst he rang the fire brigade. The fierce, booming roars of the fire cracking the van was deafening, it hissed and howled, crashed and smashed like a monster of the ocean and Ray was struck to the ground by a bolt of smoke. He lay there, helpless and petrified.