The Sharpest Lives

"Should we take this to the hotel?" Gerard said quietly, trying to grab some breathe back as he pulled away from Frank's lips, his hands still locked tight on the side of Frank's face.
"Yeah, we probably should." Frank replied, smirking at the thought of him going back to his hotel, he could just imagine how raw and hot things would get, the pair of them being alone together. They are adults, for God's sake! They can do whatever they please, whenever they please.
The guys raced to the taxi they had ordered, and the friendly taxi driver could sense something between them. It could have been in the way they could not keep their eyes off each other, how they looked in each other's eyes so passionately - that doesn't happen often.
"So, where am I taking you, gentlemen? A romantic restaurant, a cocktail bar," he adjusted the front mirror so that all three of their heads could been see through it before he said the last part, "or back to the hotel?" he winked.
Gerard nodded his head and gave the name of the hotel they were staying at.

It was an average hotel - they didn't overspend considering they were on the road and staying at different hotels per city they toured. When you enter the hotel, where the reception is, your shoes sink into the old, warn carpet that was blue with little red crosses covering it. The closer you look, you could see walnut-coloured splotches that were warn into it. Predictably, the bar of the hotel was situated just to the right of the reception; a neat leaflet stand guiding you to a separate room in which a large, flashing crimson sign read 'BAR' (the 'a', however, was flashing unnecessarily fast. The usual suspects crowded around the bar: the scruffy, poor man that was just able to scrape together enough for a half-pint of beer, the cheap family drinking easy soft-drinks, the young guy who looks too young to be lightly sipping the froth from his pint of strong beer, and some other scruffy men, most likely accompanying the first poor man.
The walls were painted a gloomy cream colour, with odd stains and cracks within each centimetre. The curtains hideous and completely insulting to the overall theme of the hotel, the revolting, dead flowers in a steel vase were not much help.
The lady working at the reception, being moody, grumpy and tired as always, would sigh when an innocent customer pushed through the door. She had cherry-red lipstick on her teeth, and an untidy mop of brunette wires tied into a small bun. Her name tag read 'Gloria' - and she certainly wasn't very glorious.
Once Frank and Gerard returned to speedily head up to their room, the receptionist took her attention from her crossword puzzle to the two men standing before her.
"You got your key?" she bellowed; clearly not interested.
"Right here." Frank waved the key in her face, and the two stumbled up the stairs, despite being completely sober, to their room where Frank locked the door behind him and Gerard pulled Frank closer by the zip of his jacket.
"You're so hot," Gerard whispered in Frank's ear menacingly and Frank raced his sweaty fingers through Gerard's wavy hair.
They both fell back onto the bed, Frank on top, and they felt the uncontrollable heat between them.
"Do you remember when we first did this?" Frank said, between tough, passionate kisses.
"What, when we broke Ray's guitar string?" Gerard laughed, and Frank laughed back, his head falling onto Gerard's chest.
"Did he ever find out that was us?" the two were hysterically laughing by now.
"Nope, and I hope he never does!"
Frank looked up at Gerard, and Gerard looked down at Frank. There was complete silence and stillness for a few minutes; they soaked up every ounce of time they had together and didn't let it go.
"I can feel your heart beating. It feels so nice." Frank whispered.
Gerard crawled out from underneath Frank and proceeded to switch to top, and, with a sexual grin planted on his face, he said, "no more romance, tonight. It's time for pleasure."
And with that, they dived in.
Frank shoved Gerard up against the door, and breathed heavily into his neck. He dug his hungry teeth into Gerard's neck, and pierced it with all of his strength. Gerard let out a mighty wail, his face sweating ferociously.
"Wait, wait, wait, don't give me a hickey!" Gerard whispered.
"Why not?" asked Frank, confused.
"Because Lindsey will see it!" Gerard cried.
Frank sat down on the bed and hid his head in his hands.
"Way to kill the mood by bringing up your girlfriend!"
"I'm sorry, I won't do it again." Gerard apologised, cupping his hand on Frank's knee and edging closer to kiss him. Frank just pushed him away.
"Look, I've wanted this for so long. I've been in love with you since 2001, i'm not gonna get fucked like this. You gonna leave Lindsey for me?"
Silence.
"That's what I thought."
Frank climbed into bed and switched off the lamp, and Gerard did the same.
"Wait... did you say you're in love with me?" Gerard sat up.
"Yes, alright!" Frank cried, the emotion in his voice spilling out like an open drain pipe, "but it doesn't matter. You're already in love, with someone that's not me."
He wiped his final tear and drifted to sleep.
I should have just laid in the river, he thought.