f o u r

I get home after three agonizing hours of detention and a fifteen minutes ride of Christopher talking nonstop. Mother wasn't home when we arrived, and neither was Damien. Which is great, but they already know according to Chris.

I get to my room and throw my bag on the floor and get on top of my bed. It wasn't until this moment that I realize the hunger I'm feeling. I stand up once again and stare at my reflection in the mirror for a while. Why am I so fat? I wonder in despair.

"Mariana!" I yell from the second floor and the maid quickly appeared in sight.

"Yes, miss Kat?" She asks bowing her head.

I frown at her actions but quickly ignore it. "Do you know where's my mother's scale?" I ask coming down the stairs. "The one she got and was obsessed about a few weeks before her wedding. I can't find it anywhere." I conclude and stand in front of her.

"If I'm not mistaken, it must be in her second room." She says politely. "I can search for it, if you want young lady."

"I can do it myself." I say with a big frown.

The room was at the end of the huge hallway, if a guest ever came, my mother wouldn't want them to see that room. It's already extremely bizarre and extra to have another room just to keep your personal things. That's when you know you have maybe too much stuff, but she probably won't realize that, and buy even more stuff.

When I open the door, I was quite surprised to see how many things she had bought recently, and I sigh, not surprised by it. After looking for it for probably ten minutes, I found it laying at the bottom of a box with the label "losing weight". I frown, what is this box? I wonder taking a sit and looking through it. Inside there were a couple of books and magazines about healthy eating and recipes. Besides them there were quite a lot of bottles of pills and food supplements.

I knew my mother wanted to lose weight for the wedding, but it was kind of excessive the amount of trouble she went to lose twenty pounds. I close the box and grab the scale with one hand, truthfully, I was scared to face reality and find out what my current weight is.

Closing the door behind me, I lock it and put the scale next to my bed. I take my shoes off and proceed to undress myself. It's just a number, it's just a number. I repeated nonstop in my head with my eyes closed. When I opened them, reality hit me and I took a seat on my bed, 146.3 pounds read the scale.

"I'm huge." I cry while staring at the screen until the number disappeared. "Fat and pathetic." I say with a laugh. "All those girls were right, I am fat."

I dry the tears from my face and go to the bathroom to take a bath, every girl at school is like 120 pounds and it's complaining and here I am being almost overweight. Am I overweight? I wonder sitting in my tub and staring at my feet in sadness.

"Dinner is ready!" I hear my mother screaming from downstairs. I've been laying in my bed ignoring the hunger for the past two hours but both mother and Damien were home now, and I need to face them.

They will probably scream at me for being such a failure. I enter the dining room wearing my sweatpants and sweater, and I knew my mother was going to tell me some comments over my lack of fashion.

"What are you wearing Katherine." She says in disgust. We were the only two currently in the table, while we waited for Damien, Chris and Liv.

"I'm going to sleep soon Alyssa." I say staring at the table. "Who gives a crap about my outfit right now?" I whisper staring at her.

"A lady always dresses to impress, no matter the hour." She says with a frown. "That disgusting clothes makes you look like a pregnant girl." She shouts in disgust. "You need a new wardrobe ASAP."

I stare at her in shock, all I needed right now was another person calling me fat today, again. Sometimes I wondered if my mother was actually 38 years old, because she acted like a teenager most of the time, and dressed like one too, to make things worse.

"Hi babe!" She shouts giving a peck to Damien and he took a sit next to her.

Everyone was now on the table and all I wanted right now was to sleep and be alone.

"So, Katherine." Says Damien while observing the steak Mariana just placed in front of him. "You got detention today?" He asked extremely serious.

"What's detention mommy?" Olivia asks playing with her fork.

"Not now honey." She replies eating her salad. "This is grownups talk."

"I'm sorry." I replied playing with the food on my plate.

"I'm going to let it slide because it's the first time and you're just adjusting to the school." He says chewing his food. "But just know that if it ever happens again I won't be so understanding." He finishes glaring at me.

I nod and proceed to play with my food for another while. "May I be excused?" I ask letting go of my fork.

"Sure." Both say and continue talking about some people I don't know about.

I enter my room and look through my window to see some people moving to the house in front of ours. What an odd hour to move to a house, I think taking a sit on the chair beside my desk.

"Are you okay?" I hear a male voice from behind me ask.

"Like you care." I whisper turning the chair around.

"You still in that mood?" He asks raising his brows.

"I'm fine." I reply turning to my desk again. "Goodnight."

He left, and I went to sleep, hoping that when I opened my eyes the morning the scale said another number.