It's time for a change

Y/n's Pov

I awoke at the crack of dawn and got ready. I ate some of the food I had brought with me before heading outside. It was a calm day, without a cloud in the sky. Everything was silent except for the faint whispers I heard in my head.

Soon enough Luke exited his hut and took me to another new place. There was a boulder almost on the edge of a cliff that looked over the water. "Sit." Luke told me, pointing to the rock. I nodded and did as he said. "Now close your eyes and remember your training. Clear your mind, concentrate on your surroundings, and breathe." He said. "Now reach out." He continued when I had finished the first tasks. I figured he meant through the force so I did so. The whispers came back stronger again but I didn't pay too much attention to them. I heard a faint 'what do you see' from Luke before pictures flashed through my mind.

"The Light." I said as I saw Leia in the control room of the Resistance base. "Darkness." I said as I saw Darth Vader's mask crushed on the ground. I frowned as something else came to mind. It was a mix of the two I had just seen, but peaceful. "A Balance?" I said in a bit of a question. "Good." said Luke, although he seemed far off. "Wait, there's something else." I said, cutting him off from anything he was about to say. "It's those whispers. It's coming from a hole. On the island." I said.

"Y/n?" Someone asked. Before my vision got any closer to the hole, I opened my eyes, not wanting to know what was down it. Luke sighed as I looked at him. "What was it?" I asked him. "A false guidance, that leads to a greater bad." He said. I thought a bit about what he said before frowning. "How do you know?" I asked. Luke looked down before answering. "I was foolish and went down the hole. Not in my vision, I actually went down the hole on the island. It tried telling me false truths when I already knew the truth." I just nodded. "But why did I not sense you at all in the Force? Did you cut yourself off from it?" I asked.

This time Luke looked towards the horizon. "Yes, after going through that hole, I decided the Force is too much for me." I thought about it before realizing something. "What about my crystals? I didn't see anything about them." I asked. "You probably didn't notice them during part of your vision. They are the answer to the prophecy, they represent the balance." He answered. Before I could say anything, he continued. "We have been listening to the wrong thing. We should be listening to our hearts, not our heads. Our minds are too weak and can easily be manipulated." I nodded after a bit. "I get it, but isn't ending the Jedi a bit rash? Isn't it just some of the rules they follow?" I asked. "I guess you would be correct but it gets too complicated to change the rules."

After awhile filled with thoughts, I decided to break the silence. "Train me." I said. "What?" Luke asked. "Train me. In the ways you believe are right. I agree with you whole-heartedly. We rely on what others make us think rather that what our hearts are telling us to be right. I mean, we still have to listen to our head sometimes, but not always." I explained.

There was another gap of silence before Luke finally answered. "I'll do it, but afterwards, you must leave and tell no one where I am. I want them to find me after they complete the map, not before, whoever they may be." "Alright." I said. "We'll start after we have a bit of food." Luke said, before heading of towards the village with me not to far behind.