Remains

Y/n's Pov

I ran around a corner and straight into a door. The air lock had closed instantaneously after the torpedos from two tie fighters blew up the bridge.

I looked out almost in tears as I searched the remains floating through the air. I grieved for the many that had died including Admiral Ackbar and others higher in the Resistance but I was mortified by the thought that Leia had died.

My eyes finally landed on a lone dark figure floating through space. The tears fell as I saw Leia's body slowly float away, but then something strange happened.

I watched as her eyes opened and looked at something right in front of her. I had to squint before I could make out the cloaked binary beacon bracelet. Leia reached out and grasped the bracelet before looked down at me. She was alive with only the perseverance for Rey to come back successfully with Luke.

"Quickly, open the doors!" I cried. Poe questioned it for a second before seeing a figure floating towards us using the force. "We need some medics! Leia's Alive!" He yelled before entering a code into the door that was open behind us.

I quickly got behind that door and he closed it before opening the one we were just at. Leia floated in and fell unconscious while Poe closed the door and opened the one we were behind before we rushed to her side.

Medics soon arrived and Leia was taken away in a stretcher for immediate medical care. "Move back! Make room!" Poe said to the gathering crew members. They followed his orders and I noticed Finn just turning around the corner.

Something dropped out of Leia's hand as she was pushed past Finn on a stretcher. I could only guess it was the beacon as Finn picked it up and looked at it in his hands, seeming to think about something.

Finn's Pov

I rolled the beacon between my hands. General Organa was clutching it as she came in the lock but it dropped as she was pushed away towards the medical bay on a stretcher. It had rolled along the floor before stopping in front of me. I remembered how General Organa said this would lead Rey back to where it was.

It was then what I realized I needed to do. I needed to get as far away from this battle for her to come back to safety. I noticed Y/n look at me strangely as I left to pack the few belongings I had before heading to where the escape pods were.
I was surprised when I voice spoke behind me as I was about to enter an escape pod.

I banged my head on the top of the entrance and turned around to see a girl with tear stained eyes. I tried to explain what I was doing but it seemed like she either wasn't listening or didn't understand what I was saying. She introduced herself as Rose before realizing who I was.

"You're Finn! The Finn." She said at one point, which surprised me. "The Finn?" I asked. After she saw my confused look, she went on. "Sorry, I've been working behind pipes all day." She seemed a little stressed for a bit before talking on, explaining how I was a resistance hero and all.

I said goodbye to her by saying 'May the Force be with you' and sighed after she left before dropping my bag in the escape pod and getting ready to leave. I was surprised again when Rose turned up behind me again with more questions. She tried explaining how much of a hero I was again before explaining how she had stunned a few people that had tried to escape in the pods, to get away from danger.

I gulped, worrying that she would find me out so I stopped her from talking more. "Well, I gotta get back to what I was doing." I said. She paused and looked at me. "What are you doing?" She asked. I gulped even harder. "Uh, doing a check on the escape pods, a routine check." I said, cringing on how unconvincing it sounded.

"By getting on.. with a packed bag." She said, realizing what was actually going on. I tried explaining but she pulled out her prod and stunned me before I could say anything.