Ch.8

Mackenzie

I can't believe this bullshit how he gone leave me for this 2 dollar hoe...I guess thats what I get for sleeping around.

I slowly back away from Darcy and his "mate" I start to head to the Forrest i dont know where im going I just know I need to get the hell out of here.

I can feel the sting of rejection I can't believe he just went over to her like that right in front of me after what we did last night. I'm such an idiot, I feel salty tears stream down my cheeks. I slap them away. what the hell since when do I cry over guys? I really am an idiot.

its okay" says Ivy trying to soothe me.

"I can kill her and rip her to shreds if you want? " said Ivy.

I can't help but laugh at her "No Ivy I can't let you do that. I'm just getting used to this pack I dont wanna get kicked out. I'll just have to grin and bare it."

"can I come out" Ivy whined

"I dont know if thats a good idea Ivy we're already in big trouble"

"I promise I'll be good this time no dead people I swear it...that they can find" Ivy replied.

"I'm serious Ivy"

"okay, okay fine"

"Alright" I say as I begin to shift

"it feels good to be back baby" she say before running through the trees.

***

(P.O.V unknown)

"I've effectively infiltrated them I think?"

"you'll have the girl soon enough"

"And I can have him right? That was part of the deal I get you the girl but I can keep him as my mate, right?"

"very well" said the ominous voice.

"Thank you sir" I reply.

""But remember if you mess this up not only will you be banished I will strip you of your wolf" he said nonchalantly.

my heart froze and my vines turned into ice. I hadn't thought it was possible until he did it. Right in front of the whole pack.

 To his beta no less it was awful, it looked like the most excruciating pain.  His beta writhed and screamed on the ground as his wolf was torn from his very being. He effectively stole a piece of his soul.

He layed there on the ground for a long while and I thought he was dead, but I was mistaken, I prayed that he was gone that he had left this cruel world. but only if he had been merciful he wouldn't just let him get away easy. No he would have to live on in this world without his wolf, his other half, as a mere mortal. A fate worse than death.

"Do you understand" he repeated snaping me out of my memories.

"y-yes sir" I stuttered.

"Good" he said before ending the "call".

knock

knock

knock

I cleared my throat "c-come in" I said in my most innocent voice.

**************

Mackenzie

Standing out side of Darcy's room I was about to knock on his door when I heard Diana talking to someone on the phone.