the date

Friday came and although i was nervous i was also excited. It took a lot for me to go out these days. Crippling anxiety usualy tears me apart inside, my mother, the light of my life recently, has always been by my side to encourage me to go out. However after catching wind of the first 'date' she couraged me to stay in, no surprise. She never did like Liam or Noel. She never liked me spending time with them all those years ago either.

"I just don't know why you would want to go out with him love, you can do so much better" she sighed as she played with my hair.

"Mum, were only friends, nothing more" I said.

"That kiss did not look like friends" she replied. I rolled my eyes, mothers.

"Mum, it was hardly a kiss." I said standing up and smothing out my top. I was wearing simple silk top and jeans.

"I'm just saying, you've been through enough hurt with men. I hate to see you go through it again" my mother, although she was annoying, only had my best intentions at heart.

"Liams nothing like my dad or Shaun. He may come across as a violent person but he's sweet and funny, I can assure you, we're only friends" I said. My mum sighed.

My mother had been through the works with me. I was never a troublesome child. However pain followed me, neither men I've had in my life treated me with respect.

My father was abusive and down right nasty to both me and my mother, and Shaun was just evil and would stop at nothing to hurt me.

The people whom I was closest to knew all about it. They saw the bruises and the scars first hand. My mother being the one to wipe away the blood and tears always worried the most. Close friends such as Kate and Richard had seen it too. Liam always told me I could do better than him, however Shaun was all I felt I was worth.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, forced a smile on my face and rubbed my mum's arm.

"I know you worry, but I'm a big girl now, I can pick my own battles, and you're my mother I get you worry about me but I'm fine." I said. She smiled back at me. Just as I said that my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked I to the speaker.

"Hay Lyla," Liam said. My heart pounded and I held back a smile as my mother looked at me.

"Liam, I was just getting ready to leave" I said.

"I was actually just calling to ask you what you want ordered from the take away?" He asked. My head dropped as I smiled.

"No home cooked meal?" I asked.

"He couldn't boil pasta never mind cook a whole meal" I heard Lennon say in the background.

"Oi fuck..., get out, go and get changed" I heard Liam shout. I giggled, no matter how much I witnessed him act like a father I would never get used to it.

"So what dyou fancy?" He asked.

"Can I just have a vegetable curry?" I asked.

"Yeah, right I'll see ya when you get here yeah" he said.

"Yes, see you soon" I said as we both hung up.

"Just friends?" My mother said with eyebrows raised. I blushed and turned away smiling.

####

"He said that my sticks are gettin too tattered right, so I want out and bought them good ones, the ones Tyler told me I should use, the ones with the hand grips, and the wooden tips, turns out they give you blisters just as bad but i think they just need breaking in because there thicker than the other ones I've been using" Gene was telling us about how his drum lessons were going.