The Party

It was a warm summer evening at the party. I didn't attend them as often as I should. I liked to keep to myself these days, after being in the industry it has that effect on you. I had a nice life ovet the last 17 years of this showbiz life. I was surprised I was still here. Richard invited me to his party and I was far to humble to reject his kind invitation. He and his wife kate were friends, ones I had been close with for the last ten year or so.

Richard Ashcroft was one of the few celebritys I admire. He was quiet and sweet and although he had been through the works, like most of us, he was also a caring person. He was turning 45 this year. He had a few on my young 30. I enjoyed the company. I had spent far too long in my PJs infront of the telly.

It was still early when he arrived. I knew he would, I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. Liam Gallagher walked in, drawing the attention of the whole room, I've been around him since i was a child and still his whole act drew me in.

He was talk of the town lately with him working on a new solo album and all. Surprising since he flew off the handle last year after he lost like all of his money in a divorce and then his girlfriend left him. He looked well. I hadn't seen him in a few years.

I turned back to Kate and smiled as we slipped into conversation again. Then he was beside me. "Kate, Love how are ya?" He asked. His thick mancunian accent making me smile.

"I'm fine darlin'" she smiled as he kissed her cheek.

"And Lyla, How are you?" He asked pulling me into his side. My heart was going embarrassingly fast.

"I'm very well thanks" I said smiling. I would be lying if i said i didn't find him attractive. He was Liam Gallagher after all.

"Good to hear it" he said. "You ladys want a drink?" He asked.

"Go on then" kate smiled.

"I'll have a sherry, Lyla?" Kate asked.

"Vodka and cranberry please" I said. He nodded and wandered off. Talking to a few people who were at the bar. I couldn't keep my eyes off him.

"Lyla," kate said. I snapped out of it and blushed.

"Sorry I was just..."

"Drulling over liam?" She asked eyebrows raised.

"No, no not at all I was..."

"Its fine lyla relax" she smiled I blushed back. We went to a table and sat down as Richard, Jay and Liam joined us.

"So Liam, the albums out next month?" Kate asked. He took a drink and nodded.

"Yeah man, I'm excited man, missed all this touring and that" he said.

"December should go off ey" jay said. He had a london accent too but not as posh as mines. I tried to relax myself, remind myself not to be uptight. It wasn't that I was up tight but my parents always tought me to be polite and my accebt being the way it was, I never had much chance in sounding anything other than uptight.

"Yeah man, are you two goin' to the Ally Pally gig in December?" Liam asked.

"Probably yeah, need to see you do you're thing again man, it's been too long" Richard said. Liam nodded smiling.

We sat for a while making small chit chat, all of a sudden I was craving a ciggarette. The only thithy habbit that had come out of my career thankfully. I stood up and grabbed my shoulder scarf and wrapped it around me.

"Would anyone like to join me for a c...fag?" I asked. Relax, I reminded myself.

"Go on then" Liam. said getting up and following me out the back.