The Gig gone wrong

Liam and I were in South America. We were getting ready for the show and Liam was nervous as he was feeling ill. His doctor advised him not to do the show but he said he was going to do it. He didn't want to let the fans down.

He had a few moments like this before. I honestly think he is crazy to keep going. He had been working non stop for almost a year on this tour. I tried to tell him that this was no good. He was going to hurt himself, but it's Liam and he never listens to me any way.

He was on the phone to Gene right now. Gene was his go to. His safe place if you will. He always boosted Liam up.

"Look if the doctor said don't to it, then dont fucking do it. You're class yeah, you've got nothing to prove to them. They'll understand yeah" Gene told him from down the phone.

"In gonna do it anyway mate. There here for me and I gotta stand up and do it" Liam said. His phone sat on the table on loud speaker.

"Lyla for fuck sake talk him out of it. He's gonna fucking ruin his throat" Gene said.

"I've tried to talk him out of it. He's not having it, I don't know what else I can do." I said down the phone. It was true. i had tried everything I could.

"Look I'm doing the Gig. Get fucking over it." He said before going into a fit of coughing. I sighed and walked over to him.

"Look I gotta go, me and me mam are gonna chill out. I'll call you later dad alright" Gene said. Liam nodded and hung up. I could see the frustration in his eyes as he walked around the room.

I sighed and walked over too him. I grabbed both sides of his face and looked into his eyes. He refused to look at me for a second till I forced him too.

"Liam, you're sick babe, please just don't do it. We can reschedule. Please" I said. He leaned in and kissed me.

"I gotta do it babe" he said as the guy came in and told him it was 5 till show time. "I'll be alright Yeah" he said. I shook my head and walked away. I couldnt believe he was going to play.

I walked out of the dressing room and down the stairs to go back to our tent. I was angry at Liam. More angry at the fact that he put his fans before his health. I know he's a loyal man to his fans but he's pushing himself so much and it's so unhealthy for him.

I ran my hands through my hair. Taking a deep breath. I closed my eyes and sighed it out. He's never going to learn, his voice is going to end up ruined and I'm not going to be able to stop him from doing it. I was fustraighted and angry at Liam. I just wanted him to be ok, I wanted him safe.

I let my emotions get the better of me, letting a single tear fall before I realised how stupid I was being. I took a few breaths to calm myself down and then I went back to the dressing room. Liam was on stage. The music was drowned out from here and you couldn't hear much.

The crowd were going wild. Chanting his name as every other crowd had. I couldn't help the smile That spread on my face. That was till silence and muffles of talking came.

Before long there was alot of comotion and Liam came through the door. He was pale white. He looked horrible. I rushed over to him and took his hands.

"I can't fucking breath" he said.

"Can we get a doctor or something in here" I said. "Liam look at me. Deep breaths. Calmly ok" I said. He nodded and did them with me. I could hear the wheezing in his voice.

I rubbed my hand over his. I camly watched as the doctor came in to check him over. Again i ran a hand through my hair. I closed my eyes and prayed for him to be ok before i kissed his hand to let him know I would always be there for him.