The shoot

NME MAGAZINE

Exclusive interview with Liam Gallagher

A year solo

As many know we have been witnessing the fall and rise of Liam Gallagher, started in May 2017 when the man himself took to the stage in Manchester just days after the Manchester terrorist attack and took the city by storm. In a time to sorrow and sadness the world needed Liam Gallagher in that moment to stand up and take it in stride. He did an outrageous show that blew us away and made a city come together.

Gallagher returned to the stage again during the charity event also in Manchester hosted by Ariana Grande, where he made his first TV appearance as a solo artist singing some oasis numbers and his new track wall of glass.

Through out the year NME managed to keep touch with Liam as he embarked on his journey as a solo artist and getting back to doing his thing. However as the new year has arived and Liam is still on tour we got the opportunity to catch up with him upon ariving home.

Here are some questions we manage to ask Liam.

Q: Liam this year's been a huge step in your career, what was the best part of it.

A: Just gettin out the house and back on the stage where I belong man, I played to a lot of beautiful people and I'm buzzin' to take this break and then get back to doing it again.

Q: Any collaborations coming this year?

A: not got any planned but you never know man, I know a few people I've been dying to get me hands on and jump on a track with you know, but nah we're just focusing on the gigs at the moment.

Q: Recently you said your son Genes is looking for a band, what advice would you give him if he asked for it?

A: God I dont think i could give him any, probably just be his self and don't let the money or fame change ya, like it has a few people you know.

Q: Any plans for him to join a band?

A: i dont think so man hes just enjoying being young right now, him and his mates are always jamming and that but i dont thing hes that bothered, like he's still in school and that right now so.

Q: you've been really busy recently, any plans for a get away?

Well I've got the end of this tour and that's wrapped up in Bangkok, so we have a bit of a break after that so I'll be spending time with the kids and mates. spend a bit of time away from the band and then back at it in April.

Q: you say friends, anyone in particular?

A: no not really, just me mates.

Q: you've been seen with Lyla Fletcher, how did you meet?

A: I've known her for years, we've been mates a long time, she's friend with Richards (Ashcroft) wife. It's nice to catch up you know.

Q: rumours are flying that you're dating?

A: i dont think that anyone's business man, we're just mates, she's fun to be around.

Liam denies being in a relationship with Fletcher, however we've seen over the past few months how there relationship has developed, just last year we saw Liam and Lyla leave a resteraunt and kissing her as they left.

As we all know Gallagher hasn't had an easy time with his relationships recently, having had two divorces and him and his girlfriend/manager split just a few years ago. We also asked him about this.

Q: how has you're divorce and split changed you're view on music.

A: it hasn't, I think i was just feeling sorry for myself after it all and that's why things weren't happening. I had to take a step back and sort myself out .