The Gig

Liam and I had been spending a few days a month together, having small meals and moving slowly with whatever it was we were doing. It felt that neither of us were looking for anything other than company. I felt like he just wanted some adult company to keep him sane.

Liam was currently on tour with his sons around the UK and I was working hard on finishing all of this year's business up and also going over the photography business for next year. Although it was my most successful business, it was also the one I took the least tondo with, simple reasons being, I was needed elsewhere. I was sitting in my office meeting with everyone that needed to be there.

Lauren: head photographer
Sarah: lead editor/ co-planner
Jennifer: co-planner
Kieran: make-up artist
Stephanie: hairdresser
Greg: blog manager

And the others that played equally as important acts. I was just sitting in, making sure we were on track and seeing how they were doing when planning the shoots.

"Ok so we have 3 photographers ready for that day, I want Sarah to be ready to take the first set of photos from me and the girls, Sarah, you pick 2 photos, Greg those two photos make the blog, however I want them to be average. I don't want them to be the best ones." Lauren said. She was my go too. She ran the business when I wasn't around, basically all the time. She was young and relentless, sweet and knew her limits. She reminded me, of me. She knew how to work things out. She was driven in this and I trusted her.

I watched her do her thing as my phone lit up. I checked it. It was liam caling. I quickly declined the call having already caused Lauren to loose track. Then my Phone lit up with a text.

LGx: u blanking me 😥

Ly: in a meeting sorry 💋

LGx: r u still up for the gig tonight? 😎

Ly: of course x 😁

LGx: nice 1, u coming with Richard and Kate?

Ly: no I'm am too busy to come early, probably be there around 7:30 🤗

LGx: aww 😑 was hoping to get you drunk 🍻

I giggled before Lauren cleared her thoat, I blushed a little. "Sorry, you were saying?" I asked.

"Will you be at the shoot?" Lauren asked.

"No i will be in New York doing an interview with the new Dior model, she's coming in in January for a shoot, I need to know the background so we can get this right" I said. Greg nodded.

"Am I coming?" He asked smiling. I frowned.

"As much as i love having you Greg, I'm taking Ashley, she needs the experience." I said trying to ignore the buzzing on my lap.

"What about the shoot with Lennon?" Jennifer asked. I nodded, Lennons name bring my full attention.

"I'm free so far that day but Sarah will handle it if I'm unable to make it." I said. I knew i was putting a lot on her but we were close enough that she knew if it was too much she could talk to me.

"Did you know he wants an outdoor shoot too?" Jennifer asked. My eyes widened.

"What" i said. He haddn t said anything to me.

"He asked we have an outdoor shoot too," she said.

"Look I want him treated good ok, Lauran, you can sort that between now and January yes, location and set up?" I asked. She looked at me then cleared her thoat.

"Lyla, that month is real busy for us all, do you think thats a priority?" She asked. I knew it was.

"Look, guys I know this is a lot to fit in and I know I'm not always around l. I'm working my but off to get you all out of as much as i can, right now we're all really busy but we need all the help can get right now, this company is nearly breaking bank,  and if so goes well with Lennon we have him as a full time model, that means more business" I said everyone nodded.