The dinner

I had been living with Liam for about three weeks when my mother finaly called me. I answered and somehow, although she was my mother, wished i had not . She was calling to tell me she wanted to get to know Liam more, usualy that would excite me but it didnt. I was scared. My mother hated Liam. With a passion!

I loved Liam and it broke my heart that my mother doesnt like him. After all he treats me better than Shaun ever did. Much to my surprise i didnt blow her off, I told her that next thursday was good, that way both the boys could be here too. They still hadn't met her properly and if we were going to get along as family they should get to know my mum.

Well now next thursdays here and i wish i had told her Liam was busy. He was excited for me. He wanted to gain my mothers approval and for the life of me I couldn't understand why.
Something. told me the thing that scared Liam the most was my mother was the same age as Noel.

My mum is 50. She fell pregnant with me at 19. And Liam was 45. Something that i often forgot because it didn't matter to me, he is the most amazing peraon ever. Hes sweet, kind, caring, funny, loving. Liam is everything Shaun wasnt and yet my mother doesnt see Liam the way i do.

Liam ordered Italian food in and as the boys set the table I finnished getting dressed waiting on her arriving. Liam sat on the bed all dressed in a shirt and jeans, that being the most dressed up i would ever get him.

"You're stressing" he said watching me as i put my earings in.

"I am not, its just my mother, not the Queen." I said. Liam smiled.

"Id rather let the queen in here then i would your mam " he replied. I rolled my eyes and turned to face him.

"Look me and the boys are on out best behaviour. Your mam will have a good time and you will feel better about all of this i promise, look yer mam may not luke me but i love you and if that means i have to try and win her over then i will." He said pulling me into him. He kissed the top of my head. The tingling feeling of Liams beard absent.

"I am still upset that you shaved" i said pouting.

"Got too many gigs to do this summer babe. Cant be looking like fucking, Gandalf" he said giggling to himself.

"LYLA THE DOORS RINGIN'" Gene shouted. up. I took a deep breath. Liam kissed my lips before taking my hand and walking me down stairs.

"Deep breath yeah" Liam said as i did so and opened the door.

"Lyla darling, you look beautiful!" My mum said as she kissed my cheek and took her gloves off. "Liam, i hope youre treating her right, now" she said as she passed him. I rolled my eyes and took her coat from her.

"Course i am Sylvia" he said and smiled.

"Now where are we dining?" She asked

"In the kitchen" Liam said. As he showed her the way.

"I told you already Gene the forks go to the..." Lennon stopped as my mother walked in.

"Hi Ms Fletcher" Lennon greated her.

"Hello, you must be Lennon, ive seen you around the office" she said as she shook his hand.

"Yes and this is my little brother Gene" Lennon said introducing Gene.

"Doesn't he speak?" Sylvia asked.

"Course i speak" he said as he held his hand out. She smiled and shook it gladly.

"You're both handsome young men arent you, my Lyla speaks very highly of you both." she told them. Liam smiled and pulled me closer.

"Yeah well shes pretty cool herself, shes taking us to spain next month while dads on tour" Gene said. I smiled. My mother however looked entirely disappointed in the idea.