Chapter 7: Friend or 'Girlfriend'

Billie's POV

I was walking home after dinner with Bandit and her family. It wasn't too bad. Her mom is really sweet and her stepdad scares the living shit out of me, no wonder Bandit doesn't like him. But Bandit... she's amazing. I've never met someone so down to earth. She is so nice and she's real. I feel like I've known her my whole life. And she's so beautiful, I've never met anyone like her.

Ugh, she's beautiful, fun, cool, nice, genuine, and she has such a great personality. It's been a day of just talking and walking and I already like the girl. I've never actually felt this way. Of course I haven't I just met a pretty girl who actually seems interested in me. Or is she just the pretty girl looking for a friend? Either way I'll take it. She's so easy to talk to.

I opened the door and heard my sister and stepdad arguing. Bandit isn't the only one with an asshole stepdad. The day I get out of here I'm blowing his car up. I went into my room and saw Mike sitting on my bed playing bass.

"You're home early," he said.

"And you're not home," I said.

"You know I hate it there more than I hate your stepdad," he said.

"I know," I nodded.

"So, how's your lady?" He asked.

"Oh dear lord," I said shaking my head.

"What, you meet a girl, she becomes your girlfriend, then you break her heart. That's what you do whether you know it or not," he said.

"Yeah, I'm an asshole," I laughed.

"But seriously how's Bandit!? She seems different than all these other girls," he added.

"Because she is different, Jesus man I thought I liked her at the party but now! Jeez, she's so down to earth and nice and she's just so cool y'know," I said letting out my thoughts.

"You like this girl?" He said.

"Yeah," I said slowly.

"I knew it! You never go out with girls unless there's sex involved but you went on a lunch date," he laughed.

"Lunch 'date', a walk, and dinner," I added. "Oh and she's heard our band."

"How?" He asked even more perked up.

"She walked past the garage when we were playing one time," I told him.

"She like it?" He continued.

"She said she liked what she heard and I gave her a cassette," I told him.

"Good! If she likes the band then she's approved," he said.

"Approved?" I questioned.

"Approved to be in our friend group or your girlfriend, whichever works," he shrugged.

"Probably friend, she doesn't seem like a relationship person but it's only been a day," I said.

"Yes, so I can't wait to actually get to know her if she's as great as you say," he told me.

"Oh she's better," I told him and picked up Blue.

Bandit's POV

I picked up the phone and called Gerard. "Hello?" He said.

"Hola," I said.

"Oh hey Bandit!" He said more perkily.

"What's up," I said.

"Not much how was your day?" He asked.

"Amazing!" I admitted.

"That's great! What happened?" He asked.

"I was with this guy I met the whole day, and John was only a jerk to him he wasn't being a total asshole!" I said.

"Whoa, you met a guy?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I met three they are really nice I just spent the day with one, one is my neighbor, and the other is super nice," I explained.

"Great, so this one you spent the day with, what's he like?" He asked.

"He is really sweet and is actually a person," I said.

"Good, there's not that many people who have minds anymore," he added continuing our life's conflict of not finding real people. "He cute?"

"No comment," I laughed.

"BANDIT!" He yelled into the phone.

"You sound like girl," I laughed. I miss his attitude.

"Tell. Me. Now." He demanded.

"Yes," I said softly.

"No shit!" He laughed.

"I know right cute and has a personality," I said.

"He better not take my place," he said.

"Don't even worry about that, Gerard and Bandit will forever be best friends even if they're thousands of miles away," I assured him.

"Good, now go get a good boyfriend," he laughed.

"You sound like John," I said in a low voice.

"Oh dear god what'd that bitch do?" He asked.

"He acted like an overprotective father, it was weird, embarrassing, and scary all at once," I told him.

"That's weird," He said.

"I know right!" I agreed.

"I've gotta go, I'm really tired. I'll talk to you soon, be careful with this boy! And I love and miss you," he told me.

"Love and miss you as well," I returned.

"Byyyeee," we said in unison.