Chapter 59: Let's Dance

Billie's POV

I woke up and felt like shit still. I looked at the clock beside my bed and it read 1:17. I could still go back to sleep. Wait a second, where did Bandit go? Did my stepdad kick her out and I was just that deeply asleep? No, he went to work by now.

I got up and walked down the hall to the kitchen. I could smell food. I saw her at the stove making something. I jumped up on the counter. "Oh hi," she smiled. Pancakes!

"Morning," I returned. I lifted her chin and pecked her lips. "How long have you been up?"

She looked at the clock on the stove, "little over an hour."

"What the hell have you been doing?" I asked.

"I was mostly trying to fall back asleep but then I got up," she shrugged. "Wanna grab plates?"

"Sure," I opened the cabinet that was behind me and grabbed two plates. I held them out for her and she put two pancakes on each. "The syrup is on the other side of the kitchen," I pointed to the cupboard.

"Good, go get it slave," she laughed walking away.

"Hey!" I hopped off the counter and put my plate down.

"What?" She asked sitting down.

"You're pissy this morning," I commented.

"Yeah," she was laughing.

"What'd I do?" I looked at her.

"Nothing," she said grinning at me.

"Bandit, tell me, I can't fix it if you don't tell me," I grabbed the syrup and set it on the table.

"It's not you don't worry about it," she began eating. She's laughing but I know there's something wrong...

I shook my head and sat down with her and began eating. "Are we staying here today or going to your house?"

"We can stay here," she nodded. "Got some songs?"

"Yeah," I answered. "There's one I desperately need your opinion on."

"Tell me more," she seemed happier.

"It's called '16' and it's about my fear of growing up pretty much," I looked down at my plate and stabbed the fork around.

"Y'know some of your songs are just pretty silly like about getting high and shit then others actually have some serious stuff going on. I love how you can easily do that," I felt her eyes on me so I looked up at her and saw her smiling at me. How can one person be so fucking beautiful?

~

"Every night I dream the same dream
Of getting older and older all the time
I ask you now, what does this mean?
Are these problems just in my mind?
Things are easy when you're a child
But now these pressures have dropped on my head
The length I've gone are just long miles
Would they be shorter if I were dead?

Every time I look in my past
I always wish I was there
I wish my youth would forever last
Why are these times so unfair?" I finished the song and looked up at Bandit.

"Aw I love that!" She clapped.

"So I don't sound like a broken record or anything?" I asked still iffy about the song.

"Not at all," she shook her head. "I know you have more songs."

"Yeah... Ugh which one?" I thought out loud.

"Every single one," she demanded.

"Um, no," I turned back to her.

"Why not?!" She gasped.